Fubar II DAC/Swan M2000MKII help
Feb 16, 2011 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

obtsu

New Head-Fier
I'm running audio from my Asus G73-JH laptop through a Fubar II DAC to a pair of Swan M2000MKII.  Around a month or so after getting this setup, every once in a while all audio coming from my PC would be cut off and replaced with a loud static hiss noise.  Then I had to turn off then on the DAC (if I remember correctly, turning off then on the speakers would also work).  A few months later, the problem has become so frequent (multiple times a day) that I've resorted to plugging the speakers straight into the headphone port on my PC.  That seems to have eliminated the problem.  Is this a common problem?  Is there a fix?  Or am I going to have to dig through my stuff for the DAC's warranty card?

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #2 of 2
Drivers are critical for any piece of hardware.  Do you utilize specialty drivers (MS certified or not) for an ASIO or other special output or do you use the ones that your PC suggests and installs from the MS repository?  Linux/ Unix is another can of worms together, especially on the G73 (I should know mine has been everything except a hackintosh at this point in its life with me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back