FTYDTS? (Post a Pic)
Aug 2, 2004 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Audio Redneck

Spaceman Spiff
Funnest Thing You Did This Summer

Ok, it's the Dog Days of summer, School is two weeks away in some areas, and vacations are drawing to an end. My work load is going anywhere but down and life just keeps getting more complicated. So before I forget.....

What's the funnest thing you did this summer? Cost is not the issue and neither is location. Many of the things I've enjoyed have not cost much and were done locally. A trip, a party, some event you were part of or went to. What did you do? (post a pic if you've got one - preferably with headphones.)

For me it was a couple lake trips. First, my best friend taught me to sail his 23' this summer. I'm hoping to go out once more this year so I don't forget everything I've learned. We (he and my family) also watched the 4th of July fireworks from his boat. I also took the kids out on the largest lake in our area on a party barge. My oldest enjoyed that more than the sailboat as it got around and we went places (I think he'd like the sailboat on this lake since there's much more wind and places to stop 'n swim).

Capt'n Redneck at Yer Service: (also shown with his trusty navigator)
donsailing.jpg
dadnthegirl.jpg

So how about you?

Aug 2, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 19
Mine is definately wakeboarding and taking out the wave runners at my friends lake. I've been going with him almost every weekend in the summer for 5 years, and it's always the best time. Plus, I finally learned how to land my 360 and back roll
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
you seriously don't want a pic of what I consider funny unless you wan't this post moved into the bin.

Same goes for me here. Many things I consider funny are way too obscene to be posted here.
very_evil_smiley.gif
redface.gif

Aug 2, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 19
Funnest *clean* events.

Picnic with not-quite-three-year-old neice.
Mini-reunion with two buddies after years of absence.
Waited seven weeks for new car on order. Fun to finally drive it.
Finished soldering PPA. Works great. Not yet cased.

Future fun: 2 weeks in the Outer Banks of North Carolina in late summer.

Aug 2, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

you seriously don't want a pic of what I consider funny unless you wan't this post moved into the bin.

blink.gif

FUNNest, NOT FUNNIest. What did you do for fun?

Ok, don't post a pic if you think it will get you arrested or thrown off Head-Fi.
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2004 at 1:29 AM Post #8 of 19
Meh, I'm pretty boring. Did volunteer work at a local camp most summer. I mean, it's definitely fun, but not quite on the same scale as wakeboarding
biggrin.gif
However, I did chalk up about 1000 hours of volunteer work to put down on a college or scholarship application...

Still, pissing off camp leaders, raiding the kitchen at 0300, watching the girls support staff forced to clean the bus with toothbrushes, (and then it hailed...) and all the crazy people that show up there, it was definitely fun...

(-:Stephonovich:)

Aug 3, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Oh come on, give us a hint. It wouldn't have anything to do with flatulence would it?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

Aug 3, 2004 at 8:47 AM Post #12 of 19
My funnest event this summer had to be when I went to Oregon for a cousins wedding. More specifically, we stayed at the foot of Mt. Hood for 5 days and the scenery was simply breathtaking! Golfing in the valleys amongst huge cascading mountains raised up so incredibly high, covered completely with green, lush trees, made me forget how bad I am at golf.
biggrin.gif
And hiking on a few trails in the wilderness was fun too. Plus, on top of all that, we went during a 33 day absense of rain, which I understand doesn't happen all that much in Oregon. So I was thankful for that! The lush surroundings made it feel as if I was in Kauii again! It's also funny because when you look at the horizon line of the hills around where I live (suburb of San Fran), all you see is bare, brown hill and maybe a few shrub-like trees dotted here and there. But in Oregon, the horizon line is lined with beautiful tall, green, and pointy pine trees (or whatever they were) as far as the eye can see. I have to say that even though there is alot of rain, I wouldn't mind moving to Oregon. It seems more like my kind of place. Although I still love the city of San Francisco A LOT, which would be hard to leave behind.

Aug 3, 2004 at 9:26 AM Post #13 of 19
Definately this:

coldecu.jpg

nearchampery.jpg

Just got back from a week in the French Alps (thou we rode into Switzerland as well).

The first pic is me at the top of the Col de Cou. A 26min (well it took me 26 minutes) offroad climb.

And the second is in switzerland near Champery. A tight singletrack trail that followed the edge of the hill all the way round and down to the town.

It was my first time riding in the Alps and I have to say it was fantastic! The trails were amazing and the views were great.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2004 at 6:27 PM Post #15 of 19
I did nothing fun this summer
frown.gif

Just work, go home, go to work the next day or stay home if it's a day off. That's it. I don't know how others get summer vacations, my first vacation in over a year from work is going to start in a week but I have no money to go anywhere or do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back