Ft. Worth meet
Jul 25, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #31 of 74
Last night at 10:00 PM the phone rang & Charles, my son, came to me saying that they found your box & they will be here to deliver it tonight.
at around 11:30 the door bell rang & the box made it home safe with all my amps in perfect condition. I really was reliefed & thankfull that I did not loose them & end up being ampless.
Thanks to all those who expressed thier sadness for the lose of my box with it's valuable containts, It is here & I am really happy.
Ray Samuels

Jul 25, 2005 at 3:07 PM Post #32 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Last night at 10:00 PM the phone rang & Charles, my son, came to me saying that they found your box & they will be here to deliver it tonight.
at around 11:30 the door bell rang & the box made it home safe with all my amps in perfect condition. I really was reliefed & thankfull that I did not loose them & end up being ampless.
Thanks to all those who expressed thier sadness for the lose of my box with it's valuable containts, It is here & I am really happy.
Ray Samuels

Ray, that is great news. I was getting nervous that some audiophile baggage handler got a hold of the box.

Jul 25, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #33 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Ray, that is great news. I was getting nervous that some audiophile baggage handler got a hold of the box.

Thanks Mike, it was the first time that I have ever purchased tickets with one stop before the destination. I will never ever do this. Never had the problem with any of my past trips with none stop flights.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Jul 25, 2005 at 3:40 PM Post #34 of 74
I started NOT to post the pic, since I realized Alex's (akzip) fiance would be the first thing people would fixate on... but, flipping the pic over didn't help any either. There were sevaral charming ladies in attendance, and quite good troopers, especially since they were, quite honestly, taking one for the team.

As for intros, Yfei is to the left, Pete Millett is in the turquoise shirt front and center (all who worship the Millett Hybrid bow, or curtsey), Alex behind him, next is Ray (first white shirt), Ted Paisley (second white shirt, back turned), and Ron, our host (aka bahamaman) is to the far right.

To those in between, especially to the CA Audio guy (between Ted and Rob), who I spent several HOURS listening to your gorgeous CI Audio DAC (with the Wheatfield), and without introducing myself, nor remembering your name, I must most humbly apologize.

Jul 25, 2005 at 3:45 PM Post #35 of 74
Ray, I am glad you will be able to unleash the Raptor on the San Jose guys... just keep it away from the San Andreas Fault, Ok?

And hurray for American - all's well that ends well.

Ray Samuels ampless? My mind reels from the possibility.

Jul 25, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #36 of 74
Ack, I need to check these forums more often. I've been wanting to go to a texas head-fi meet forever, and I seemed to have missed the only one in years!

Jul 25, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #37 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Ray Samuels

Awesome. Whewww!
confused.gif
Not a pleasant feeling at all until the happy ending. Great to hear everyone's home safe and sound!
cool.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #40 of 74
The young lady at the far left is Christina (Rednabox), the young lady in a UT burnt orange shirt is Memoria, Peter's (Iron Dreamer's) wife, and the guy sitting at a computer to the left and below me is Jason, though I don't recollect his head-fi name.

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #41 of 74
Any impressions on VDA-1 + VAC-1 vs. DAC1?
eggosmile.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #43 of 74
the opinions were about 50/50 on which one was "better" it all depends on what you think is "better"
smily_headphones1.gif
helpful? hehehe

I know that on headphones I like the DAC1 better and on my stereo I prefer the CIAudio

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #44 of 74
Sounds like a great meet! Any impressions on the Headcode?

Jul 25, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #45 of 74
The Headcode was, IMHO, very clean, well presented, but (with my known bias inserted here) was underpowered, at least with the HP3000 phones.

Tasty (yummy, scrumptuous, exquisite) is a singular word that could be used for it's sound, but the source material was not familiar enough to me to measure relative performance, especially in the dual mono / balanced world.

Amen on the VDA-1 vs DAC1 - it's Grado vs Senn, and a REALLY clear choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back