FS: Grado 325i for sale on ebay...great price
Jun 15, 2005 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Turner_Brown

100+ Head-Fier
Jun 15, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 14
The pic shows the regular silver 325. I emailed the seller a few weeks back, and have yet to recieve a response. Purchase at your own risk...

Jun 15, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 14
If this is the same guy as before, I emailed him and he returned it the next day, saying that it was in fact the 325i. I didn't purchase it, though, so I can't confirm it.

Jun 15, 2005 at 4:58 AM Post #5 of 14
This guy runs a retail business too....I'm sure he just included a stock photo of the old 325's. He always responded to my emails promptly. I understand why you would be weary...but someone's gonna get a great deal.

Jun 15, 2005 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 14
I think it is indeed 325i, I read his feedback and nobody seems complaining considering he sold lots of it already.

Jun 15, 2005 at 12:10 PM Post #7 of 14
I bought my 325i's from him... he's a good seller.
It was a little tough to get in touch with him when I tried to follow up requesting tracking info, but I had them at my door in 5 days, and he shipped them at a very reasonable price. I just emailed him in advance to get the shipping total to my zip.
So yeah, definitely 325i's and a good seller for sure.
Of course, your results may vary!
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2005 at 1:24 PM Post #8 of 14
I have not yet done business with this seller. I have contacted him with questions about the 'phone in question. He assure me they ARE 325is with the improved drviers and gold cups. He replied back to two different questions quickly and courteously. He appears to sell the entire Grado line of headphones.

I will be buying a pair of 325is from him in a few weeks.

Jun 15, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #9 of 14
In the mean time, the 325 is being discontinued for $229, shipped with a 20' extension here:

HCMAudio

Good deal?

Jun 15, 2005 at 9:33 PM Post #11 of 14
Just wondering... if indeed the cable is $40, and the shipping $8... net $181 for the phones?

No axe to grind one way or the other... just wondering how different the versions are.

But, I have also emailed the eBay seller, and should he not respond, there is another (inferior?) option.

Jun 15, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #12 of 14
I don't know whether the seller is an authorized Grado dealer, but you may want to inquire. When I spoke to John Grado at a meet a few years ago, I asked him about internet purchases, and he told me that Grado Labs will not honor warranty work if the headphones are purchased from an unauthorized seller.
If you're looking for a good price from an authorized dealer, and are a bit patient (I know it's tough here on Head-Fi), you might be able to get a demo model which is essentially new, from AudioAdvisor. I've purchased both my 325 and 325i in that manner........for $225 each. And they are fully warranteed.
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #13 of 14
joelongwood-

I've had a different experience than that with regard to buying from ebay sellers.

WHen I bought the Grado SR 225s that I presently have, it was from a seller on ebay who was not an 'authorized' seller of Grado headphones, When I needed them fixed under warranty, Grado Labs honored the warranty and fixed them at no cost to me other than shipping them back to Grado Labs for the service.

Maybe they've become more strict in not honoring the warranty of 'phones from un-authorized dealers since then, who knows?

-Scott

Jun 16, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJayBump
joelongwood-

I've had a different experience than that with regard to buying from ebay sellers.

WHen I bought the Grado SR 225s that I presently have, it was from a seller on ebay who was not an 'authorized' seller of Grado headphones, When I needed them fixed under warranty, Grado Labs honored the warranty and fixed them at no cost to me other than shipping them back to Grado Labs for the service.

Maybe they've become more strict in not honoring the warranty of 'phones from un-authorized dealers since then, who knows?

-Scott

As I said, that was two years ago, and maybe they have become more lenient. Thanks for the update.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back