FS: AKG K1000 & FirstWatt F1
Mar 22, 2017 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NeilPeart

Headphoneus Supremus
It has been awhile since I have spent time at HeadFi and sadly I'm here to part with a longtime friend - my K1000 (and the FirstWatt F1).

The K1000 includes the original manual, the natural wooden box (and the custom AKG-labelled outer box) and an extra lead made by BlueJeansCable for me.

The FirstWatt F1 really is my favorite amplifier for the K1000 and I used to own several tube amps and the Pass Labs Aleph 30 - the F1 was my favorite.  Nelson Pass has posted a process for upgrading the MOSFETs to JFETs if one is an enterprising modder.  That should only improve the sound further.

I can post photos soon, and everything sounds good to me.  I might entertain selling the duo to separate individuals but I prefer to sell the combo.  I will ship everything via FedEx with insurance.

Why am I selling?  As a new father I realized I haven't listening to any of my open headphones in a long time, so I will probably have others for sale as well.

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 3
Sorry for the delay - I finally had an opportunity to capture some photos.  If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.  I'm asking $4000 for the headphones and amp combined and I would prefer to sell the package to a single individual.  However, since I'm not really sure of the value of this hardware anymore I am open to offers.

Above is the stock cable that is included with the K1000.

Above is the custom shielded cable I had BlueJeansCable build me - there is perhaps a bit tighter bass with this cable but nothing conclusive.  It is shorter than the stock cable and a bit more robust.

I will include a 14AWG power cord for the amplifier.

These are jumpers if one chooses to use single-ended connections to the amp - I highly recommend using balanced connections if at all possible - the amplifier performs noticeably better in this mode.

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Apologies for posting in the wrong forum section - moderators, please remove as I have posted in the proper section now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back