Frustrating MEElectronics M6 IEM problem
Sep 4, 2011 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tgcujo

New Head-Fier
I'm using the 3 flanged tips, the right ear works perfectly well, but when I insert the left I hear something squish around inside my ear and the sound is sealed off, it sounds as if it's plugged up by something, and the volume actually sounds louder when I pull it out and  break the seal.

I own a pair of these and have had no problems listening with my sennheiser 280s over them, and while wearing them during a concert. I don't really want to blow $80 on a pair of their headphones though just to find out it's still not working right.
41HGFoNJgJL.jpg

The right earphone sounds killer so any advice to help me make the left work properly would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 3
You're experiencing driver flex.  This will vary from person to person since it depends on how well the headphones seal with your ear.  With a really good seal, flex is more prominent.  A temp solution you can try is to seal like you normally do, then pull your helix (upper part of your outer ear) up while pushing your IEM downward.  This will break the seal.  Then release the IEM and then the helix of your ear.  This should reestablish the seal. 

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah I had that problem with my M6 too. At first I thought I had blown out my eardrum, but realized I couldn't have because I could still hear. You could send them an email over at Meelec; they're extremely friendly and helpful. I swear I must've got 3 replacements for my M6 and M9...each, all without any hassle. So if you don't want to shell out for a new IEM, contacting them would be they way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back