Frugal Hair Havers: Tired of Those Painful and Frankly, Dangerous "Barbers"?
Mar 9, 2008 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

ecclesand

Headphoneus Supremus
My wife used the Flowbee on me one time. It did a pretty good job...at least I thought so. She still cuts my hair, but now it's pretty much a buzz cut. I hate fussing with hair.

This new gizmo looks pretty interesting....I wonder if it gets back hair....

Mar 9, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #4 of 18
I buzz Mr. Plainsong's hair. There's just not so much there to possibly get wrong.
wink.gif

Will the flowbee work while also using the spray-on hair?
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 18
I'm still doing beard and upper hair with my old beard trimmer, which I have recently hooked up to a 4.4 volt wall wart, the original ni-cad batteries having long ago gone **** up. It's like afterburners! I've resigned myself to buzz cuts.

Laz

Mar 9, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 18
I've been cutting my own hair for about three years now with a Wahl razor that I paid 29.99 for. It was really easy to get the hang of using it and I only had a couple of slightly botched jobs. I do cut my hair pretty short though which helps with regard to getting a uniform cut.

Mar 9, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboyjack2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I used to work on ranches... we just took the horse clippers and had at it...
eek.gif

I don't blame you. Decent horse clippers are expensive, and usually pretty good.... I hope you cleaned it first.
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I buzz Mr. Plainsong's hair. There's just not so much there to possibly get wrong.
wink.gif

Will the flowbee work while also using the spray-on hair?
wink.gif

ROFL . . . SCON

(spitting coffee out nose)
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #13 of 18
Guys the professionals of scissors need to pay rent, and eat also, what is $10.00 every two weeks, or three, gimme a break, do not attempt to do a pro job if you are not qualified for it, you will end messing it up one day...

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #14 of 18
It's hard to find a good barber when you do hold onto him or her as long as you can.

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #15 of 18
I spend enough at the hairdresser's to count for both of us. So much so that it was my hairdresser that hooked me up with my current set of clippers for Mr. Plainsong. It's easier to do his hair than it was to fight it out with my horse. I don't have to untie his lead rope and move around with him ...and for that matter I don't have to shave inside his ears....yet.
wink.gif

But seriously even my hairdresser doesn't think his hair is worth spending the money on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back