Frozen Nano
Sep 20, 2006 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

883dave

Headphoneus Supremus
Have a 4 GB Nano that has been used for the last 6+ months without any problems.

Earlier this week when I hooked the nano into the computer it said there is a sofeware update (I beleive it was 1.2). I updated the nano and started to experience problems.

It would sometimes not go to the next song...unless forward was pressed.

Twice I hooked up to the computer, and was told that the nano had become corrupted...so reset to factory default.

Now I pushed pause and the nano froze...

have tried menu - pause - forward - back...hooking into the computer it says the ipod it corrupted...follow the steps and it does nothing...

any ideas??? how can an ipod be reset that does not respond?

Sep 20, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 9
Put it in the microwave, defrost setting for 45 seconds. It will work just like new
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 9
Don't bother with buying a new microwave. Personally, I'd recommend the toaster over the microwave as the Nano would come out radioactive and potentially cause cancer. Now now, you wouldn't want that to happen, would you?

ON A SERIOUS NOTE:
Send it back to apple and they'll give you a "new" one. That's if you've tried everything else (including microwaving and toasting it) and it still doesn't work.

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE:
Don't microwave/toast it. Some people here are gullible enough to do ANYTHING that enhances their audio experience
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE:
Don't microwave/toast it. Some people here are gullible enough to do ANYTHING that enhances their audio experience
biggrin.gif

Faster Burn-In?
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks again for the sugestions...

It finally powered down, ran out of batteries. Hooked into the computer - changed - good to go, however I wonder if the toater would actually help with burn in?

Seeing as my IEM's are full of ear wax, could someone tell me how long to put them into the dishwasher for
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back