Front vs Back Audio Port
Apr 4, 2010 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Blisse

500+ Head-Fier
Since I can't find anything about this on the first few pages of searching, I just want to ask.

Is there any difference between the computer's front headphone port, and rear headphone port? The only difference it says on the computer is that the front is for headphones, and the back is for speakers, but that sounds strange. Thanks.

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd use the back over the front, since for the front panel audio jacks the cables going to them are running through your case and being bombarded with interference and such.

If you are on onboard sound it doesn't make much difference though, its noisy even from the back ports.

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 4
typically on integrated chipset the front jack is meant for headsets, while the back port is mainly for speakers, and not able to deliver much current, which results in weak bass mainly when used on your headset if the guy requires current.

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManuLM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
typically on integrated chipset the front jack is meant for headsets, while the back port is mainly for speakers, and not able to deliver much current, which results in weak bass mainly when used on your headset if the guy requires current.

Wrong, they should both drive the same level. Infact, I wouldn't be surprised if the front drives less.

The back ports are better. Think about it this way. In any kind of circuit, do you add a cable (Front), or go straight to the source (Back) for better quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back