Front Panel Express / Hammond question
Nov 23, 2008 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

espressogeek

100+ Head-Fier
I have two Hammond cases I would like to order customer panels for. One is a 1455N2201BK and the other a 1455N1601BK. I would like to order panels for the front and back of these cases but I don't know how to calculate the corner radius so that it fits in the plastic bezel that comes with the cases. Is this normal practice in this scenario?

Also, can you enter the "σ" symbol in the FPE software? When I try it puts something else there.

Thanks!
L3000.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #4 of 14
Use the greek font in FPD for the "σ" symbol. You can play with different engraving tools and x-scaling to get the effect you want.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #5 of 14
Thanks AMB. I want to let everyone know this is an σ11 supply.

I am using the Hammond datasheet for the holes on these plates. If my calculations are correct the centers of the four corner holes should be 3.99mm/4mm from each side. What size are the inside and outside of the holes and how do I figure the countersink values?

Also, I have the grid set to 1mm and I am using outline mode. If I count down four rows and over four rows is that the proper way to line up the holes?

Thanks

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

What size are the inside and outside of the holes and how do I figure the countersink values?

What do you get if you measure the screws you are planning on using?
wink.gif

Quote:

Also, I have the grid set to 1mm and I am using outline mode. If I count down four rows and over four rows is that the proper way to line up the holes?

I suppose you could try to do it that way but I think it's easier to move the reference point (click to "set origin" and push the m key) to the center of the panel, then right click and move the holes.
All of the hole locations should be the same except for the + or - part.

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 14
I'm not able to measure those screws at the moment. I'm using whatever came with the two Hammond cases. If someone could throw me a bone on that I would appreciate it. I don't see it listed in the data sheet but I could be overlooking it.

I appreciate the info on the reference point thing. I'll try to make some sense of it tonight when I get to my hotel.
beyersmile.png

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #8 of 14
The first dimensions attached are the one I used for the stock hammond screws.

I used that for the smallest hammond case where I matched the screws up to about a fifth of a millimeter.. I would NOT recommend that for larger case though.

The second attachment is the one I used for a larger case, and used 6/32 socket cap screws

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #9 of 14
James,
Thanks for posting this. When I try to manually enter the parameters as you have in the second example my diagram of the screw hole does not look the same as yours. I'm sure something is wrong. Any ideas?
94263996ge4.jpg

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #11 of 14
MisterX is right.
I used a 4mm panel for mines.

I think a thicker panel looks nicer, but if you want to keep the thinner panel, you can just reduce the 'sink depth', or you can remove the countersink all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back