From Windows to OS X
Jan 8, 2017 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fapman

100+ Head-Fier
So thinking of "upgrading" my 2015 Asus UX303L to Apple Macbook Pro 13" touch. 

Couple of questions: 

-Is there any downgrade in audio quality when using external dac and Type C to Type A Female - connector?

- Does Tidal offer MQA in OSX-part?

- How is OSX in generall compared to Windows?

Thanks! 

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #2 of 4
1) Doubt it, the DAC is doing the conversion so the only thing that should affect sound quality is anything after the DAC in the chain.
2) Yes
3) Very different from Windows but you'll catch on quick just by using it. It's fast, fluid, intuitive, and predictable. Overall it's a fantastic operating system. By the way it's called MacOS now though.

Also, you're free to do whatever you want with your money, but it's likely the price of the touch-bar Macs will drop soon. They're ridiculously over-priced for their specs and offer no upgradability or user replaceable parts. The price is absolutely absurd for what you're getting. Hopefully they drop in price soon.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 4
  1) Doubt it, the DAC is doing the conversion so the only thing that should affect sound quality is anything after the DAC in the chain.
2) Yes
3) Very different from Windows but you'll catch on quick just by using it. It's fast, fluid, intuitive, and predictable. Overall it's a fantastic operating system. By the way it's called MacOS now though.

Also, you're free to do whatever you want with your money, but it's likely the price of the touch-bar Macs will drop soon. They're ridiculously over-priced for their specs and offer no upgradability or user replaceable parts. The price is absolutely absurd for what you're getting. Hopefully they drop in price soon.

Thanks!

Indeed i will wait for now. I did look at the 2015- models but if i'm spending this much money for an laptop would want the "newest and greatest."

Or will just wait for an price drop and pick up 13" Touch bar with 16gb ram.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back