From IEMs to The Big Guns!
Jun 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kiwirugby

Headphoneus Supremus
Now that I have less time traveling (and working!) and more time for listening stationary, so to speak, I would appreciate any and all advice on full-size headphones that would make sense - given primarily the source (iPod CLassic) - for the following as a desktop/semi transportable rig when listening to classical and jazz music. (My listening environment is quiet and no one would be affected by any extraneous sound from the headphone)

iPod CLassic (lossless) > ALO Solo > TBD portable amp > ? full-size headphone (with ? cable)

When I say, "would make sense", I really mean that the headphone would be a good "fit" given what's feeding it.  This is my first foray into full-size headphones since I bought - and got rid of - some cheap version of Grados back in 2002!

I'd rather not break the bank, but am open to suggestions that would be appropriate given what I have already as a source and the ALO Solo.

(If there are any thoughts on the TBD portable amp, please pass them along.  Right now my better amps include the Pico Slim; RSA Mustang and Shadow; XIN SuperMacro; none of which I think would be sufficient for full-size headphones.)

Thanks in advance.  

Go All Blacks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back