From ie800 to Atlas or Andromeda
Oct 7, 2018 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Xbmyc

New Head-Fier
I really like my ie800. To me personally, the sound from the ie800 feels super clear, the bass slams hard, and the high has this gliding taste to it. The only down side to me is the non-exchangeable cable. If the cable was replaceable then I don't think I will ever need any other iem. Sometimes though, I have been thinking about buying another ie800 as backup in case my current one breaks down. But then I thought if I am gonna get backup earphone anyway, I might as well try something else. The ones that I am really interested in trying out is Atlas and Andromeda.

Here is the thing though. I have heard the Atlas sounds warmer than the ie800 in the highs. The ie800 is not really that bright already, I am afraid the Atlas would sound too heavy and muddy. Then there is the Andromeda, which from what I understand has better clarity and resolution than the ie800, which definitely sounds like what I would really like. The only thing is I always have this nagging feeling in my head that when an iem with multiple BA units has 1 unit malfunction, I might not even be able to tell, and plus more movable parts means higher probabilities of failure to me. If the Atlas does not sound muddy and feels as clear as the ie800 with the same or better quality of high and lows then I probably will go for it more likely than the Andromeda. But please, what iem do you guys prefer from Campfire?

TLDR: Having the ie800 and really liking its sound signature, should I get Atlas or Andromeda?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back