From Fidelio S1 to S2, MA750 or Pinnacle P2 below 100 EURO??
Dec 27, 2017 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JBK1

New Head-Fier
Hi,
My Philips Fidelio S1's broke at the plug after close to 1500 hours of commuting (Biking, train, bus, in and out of pockets and protective case).

Now I am looking at a replacement. Sound quality and durability for commuting are essential. I would love a set that can last me longer that the S1...
The budget says 100 euros. Use will be principally through my my Moto G4 Plus (preferred for convenience, PowerAmp, podcasts & Tidal) or an iPod Nano (3rd gen) line-out with a Fiio E06 amp. Options under consideration:

- Philips Fidelio S2. The sound and build that I know and like with better sensitivity for phone use.

- RHA MA750. Somewhat bassier, that should be OK. Looks to be brilliant build. Great local supplier and solid warranty.

- MEE Audio Pinnacle P2. Looks promising, but supply and warranty would be less convenient that the local sources for the above two. Also, I am unsure if the MMCX cable is a benefit - I get that replacing a worn cable will be easier, but it will be of little help if the risk of losing the actual driver becomes higher ...

What would you do? Again, sound quality first, then build quality and reliability, and third I really would like to be able to have warranty with low or no shipping costs, should anything go wrong.

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm in a similar position and giving also fit and comfort priority, I'm looking at the Fiio FH1 - Don't worry about MMCX cables, they're usually very sturdy and having an hard time removing them is much more common than them falling out.

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #3 of 3
I am now also looking at RHA T10, which I can get at below 100euro. At its usual msrp, I would not pick it up, but when I can get it at this price... Build and durability seem first classic, but will it make a better all-round iem with some EQ? I read that it has rather a basshead profile,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back