from apple earbuds to... (1 month later) *pic*
Apr 3, 2009 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

koven

15 Hz + 150 dB = poopy pants
so i joined this forum looking to replace my OEM apple earbuds... i never thought id be spending this kind of money on earphones..

just thought i'd share this pic, it's my new gym rig and im LOVING it! i just need to velcro the E5 to the back of the Fuze now
smily_headphones1.gif

gymrig.jpg

Apr 3, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #5 of 19
Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet!
That's a pretty enviable rig you have there, if $$ permitted I would have gone for something similar.
How are you liking the PK1 compared to the IE7?

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 19
I see you got your IE7 now. I just bought a pair of IE7s as well and they are being shipped. I remember you got the PK1s from my recommendations, how are you liking them?

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #8 of 19
Sweet, it's looking like there are more and more IE7 owners showing up
smily_headphones1.gif
, although you have been posting around in the IE7 threads for a while, but not many owners show up. Seems like they all just go straight for the IE8
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #10 of 19
Nice! Impressive haul for one month's time. I am a little curious how you manage this rig in the gym though. I have a hard enough time with my nano and my atrios unamped.

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #11 of 19
Ya I can't really ever carry an amp... especially in the gym.
frown.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is that Fiio amp? I was thinking about getting one.

it's awesome.. well worth the $20

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice looking rig to upgrade to. those should be capacitators.

thanks, and yes they are capacitors

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet!
That's a pretty enviable rig you have there, if $$ permitted I would have gone for something similar.
How are you liking the PK1 compared to the IE7?

yeah, my wallet is so mad at me.. lol

i havent had a chance to really compare the two thoroughly... but after a quick listen to both, highs seem more clear on the pk1's.. but ie7 have much better bass impact.. however, both are not fully burned in yet

Quote:

Originally Posted by homers54321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey nice rig. did u have someone make the cable for you or did u DIY?

the custom LOD was made by a fellow head-fi'er (average_joe)

if anyone wants one, please contact him - he's a great guy, very helpful to say the least

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see you got your IE7 now. I just bought a pair of IE7s as well and they are being shipped. I remember you got the PK1s from my recommendations, how are you liking them?

the pk1's are great, i can notice better clarity & tighter bass compared to the pk3's.. but im trying to decide if they're worth $120 extra.. so far i dont think they are, but as i said earlier, the pk1's are not burned in yet

Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice! Impressive haul for one month's time. I am a little curious how you manage this rig in the gym though. I have a hard enough time with my nano and my atrios unamped.

thanks.. it works pretty well if i velcro the FRONT of the e5 to the BACK of the fuze...

this way, i just clip the whole rig on my waistline w/ the e5 clip.. works pretty well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet, it's looking like there are more and more IE7 owners showing up
smily_headphones1.gif
, although you have been posting around in the IE7 threads for a while, but not many owners show up. Seems like they all just go straight for the IE8
tongue.gif

wish i had more money to spend.. i would have done the same
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the slick cap upgrade on the LOD, very nice.

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back