From 4XX to ???
Apr 17, 2023 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NEUGROOVE

New Head-Fier
Hey dudes, so I currently have the 4xx and I do have to say that I love them with the Dakoni sheepskins. The sound isn't claustrophobic, I get some good detail, a little sparkle, and decent low end. BUT, yes that's a big "but", is there a comparable alternative/upgrade sub 250 open or closed back with a similar sound signature? My only other reference are the AT M50s which I still like (yes I realize how different they are from the 4xx), but for very short sessions or when listening to podcasts.

I'm looking for the sound qualities of the 4xx in terms of sparkle, clarity, and potential better low end if that's possible. I've always heard nothing but good reviews about Beyers, and I wouldn't mind some closed backs for air travel. I'm not too concerned with size. I think I'd be open to something else, but I'd love some suggestions, and how they'd stack up in terms of sound?

I listen to just about everything, but my pref is electronic music. I range from Craftwerk, Daft Punk to Gorillaz and Tame Impala. And my EQ prefs are U shaped.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back