Friday evening office ramblings / sermon
Nov 10, 2001 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

legoman

100+ Head-Fier
My brothers and sisters. Listen to the audiophile gospel, because when the day comes - and believe me, it will come for all of us - when you will go to the big listening room in the sky, you will not be judged by your character, not even by your clothes, but by your headphones. And if your headphones do not find favor in the merciless and unfailing eyes of the Headphoneus Supremus, you will be denied entry into audiophile heaven. There will be no mercy for sinners such as you. The faint glow of the Orpheus behind the gate will be but a sad reminder of a paradise you know you will never experience as you make your way down to audio-free hell where the only way to listen to music is to read it off an oscilloscope in silence; if you are lucky, your deteriorating brain can still supply some memories of music, sweet music.
And then, my friends, when it is too late, you will repent, and wish that you had joined those who were more enlightened than you. You will realize, that even membership in lowly Team Grado would have eventually allowed you entry, albeit after a 10 day stay in ultracheap Labtec purgatory.
So renounce your DJ phones and earbuds my friends, and embark on the pilgrimage to Bozeman, MT, where they will teach you. You will leave poor in money, but rich in music.
My brothers and sisters. I have been saved and I wish nothing more for you, my friends, than to be saved as well. The time to buy good headphones is now.

Nov 10, 2001 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 10
Preach on, brother!
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2001 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 10
Thank you, Mr. KR, sir!

tongue.gif

Nov 10, 2001 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 10
Note: No drugs or mind altering substances of any kind (not even caffeine) were involved in the creation in this post. Slights to Grado lovers where only inserted as a literary device and to attract interest and attention, not to imply any insult to this fine group of audiophiles.

Now that I have dug myself deeper by excluding all possible intoxication defenses, I guess the only thing left is to plead natural insanity....
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2001 at 5:53 AM Post #7 of 10
We suffer on this forlorn globe, with our cheesy, cheapy, chintzy
cans so that One Day we may hear the angels singing. It is the
blasphemer/heretic/infidel that pursues qaulity sound reproduction on Earth.
Send me your Grados, Senns, Stax....I shall consign them to the flames. (Amps, interconnects, accessories, too)
Go out & purchase ill-fitting buds at your local dollar store
& do your penance.

Nov 16, 2001 at 4:18 PM Post #10 of 10
Better to reign in Hell with Grado than to serve in Heaven with earbuds (And Milton twists in his grave)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back