frick. right headphone on my ksc-50 died. repair and/or replace?
Jan 14, 2005 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Leland

New Head-Fier
Ok, I'll probably send Koss $6 for a new pair. Despite not sitting as tight as the 35s, I still like these.

I can't quite figure out the problem, and now I'm stuck here at work without music
frown.gif

Now that they're dead, even for a day, I'm thinking about the $20 in amazon credit I have, and wondering whether there's something else I should investigate.

The koss phones were perfect because they were mostly open and didn't leak sound. Great for being able to hear conversations, but not having to shut off music. Also no one has to know what I'm listening to in the office. Light and comfortable enough to wear for a whole day, too.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking perhaps Sennheiser 100s? I have a pair of 545s that I like, but they leak way too much for the office. Would Grado

BTW, these phones are driven by a laptop headphone jack (t42p, which is ok and n600c, which delivers poor sound), Rio Karma and sometimes an old panasonic pcdp.

Jan 14, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 4
I say, send them back to Koss. Since the 50 isn't being made anymore they will probably replace them with KSC-75s. I don't think there's anything under $50 that can beat the KSC35/75/portapro line.

Jan 14, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax
I say, send them back to Koss. Since the 50 isn't being made anymore they will probably replace them with KSC-75s. I don't think there's anything under $50 that can beat the KSC35/75/portapro line.

That's what I did. I've got an envelope on my desk now with the phones and $6 in it. And a note saying that since you're not making the 50s, feel free to give me the 35s or 75s :wink:

Now to find something to hold me over for the next month or two. The cord on the mx500s I use with Karma is too short. I've been thinking of buying the EX-71s for subway use... Or I'll just bring my HD545s into work and piss off the coworkers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back