Frets on Fire
Mar 19, 2007 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

laxx

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering if any of you Guitar Hero fans have tried Frets on Fire, which is basically GH for your computer. The keyboard mapping is meant for you to pick your keyboard up and hold it like a guitar, where F1-F5 are the buttons and enter is the fret? Either way, I just saw it today and was curious if anyone here's played it. You can also use a PS2->USB adaptor to use your GH controller on your computer. =]

Also, there's a bunch of user created songs, so there's plenty more than what GH and GH2 has to offer.

Frets on Fire

Mar 19, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering if any of you Guitar Hero fans have tried Frets on Fire, which is basically GH for your computer. The keyboard mapping is meant for you to pick your keyboard up and hold it like a guitar, where F1-F5 are the buttons and enter is the fret? Either way, I just saw it today and was curious if anyone here's played it. You can also use a PS2->USB adaptor to use your GH controller on your computer. =]

Also, there's a bunch of user created songs, so there's plenty more than what GH and GH2 has to offer.

Frets on Fire

I have played, but I think it doesnt have the vibe nor the atmosphere of the original GH. Technically it is ok, and funtionally perfect most of the times (sometimes the timeframe for button press is too tight compared to original GH).

It is a product of a Finn, so I wont bitch more...
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 3
i have played, and still do! i'm at college and i don't have my PS2 here as i gave it to my brother who lives in nevada, so for my temporary solution i decided to get frets on fire. it's definitely a lot more nit-picky about timing your notes but i don't really mind.

what i wish was incorporated was hammer-ons/pull-offs, star power, and whammy bar. i'm sure it'll be incorporated later on as this is still an early release. but otherwise, i love it! it's very simplistic and doesn't have those annoying dancing guitarists in the background like the actual PS2 game does, which i like.

i also installed a mod called RF Mod 2.0 i believe, which makes the notes look much, much more like the PS2 GH version... makes the game look 20x better IMO.

btw i use a USB->PS2 adapter + a guitar hero controller to play. my g15 is just too big and awkward to use the way they suggest you play without the controller
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back