Fresh meat!
Nov 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kojiroh

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone! I've just joined the forums and I wanted to introduce myself first. I'm a 25 year old software developer from Turkey, and I enjoy books, video games, music (duh) and programming. There's been a time when I was close-minded metalhead but that time is over. Now I'm open to anything except modern, mainstream pop, while my favorite genres are progressive rock, surf rock, jazz, hard rock, heavy metal, thrash metal and grunge.

I've been listening to music for as long as I can remember, but I've been only paying attention to the details for about two or three years. I've come to a point where MP3s are not enough anymore, I want more than that. I've read somewhere that the highest quality media was vinyl, and I decided to build a vinyl archive. This will surely take a lot of time, and I don't want to spoil the fun by betting everything I want in a short time, I want to progress slowly, look up to my collection and say "it's growing bigger and bigger".

In the meantime, I will be gathering CD box sets of certain artists, and maybe convert them into FLACs so I can listen any time.

I'm hoping to learn more about these stuff by spending some time among you guys.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Welcome, I'm a noob myself, and I must say this is a nice part of the web. However, as mentioned above, your wallet may not approve as much as your ears.... :)

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 4
Oh... Well, I was expecting something like that, but I hadn't considered how difficult (if not impossible) it is to find some equipment here, and how expensive they get as they get harder to find. Oh well, I'll figure something out... I guess
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back