Fresh KSC-35s – channels reversed?
Mar 30, 2006 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

drp

500+ Head-Fier
I just opened a fresh pack of KSC-35s to break in and then modify. While listening to my SRF-S84 radio and then another source, I thought they sounded somehow different. When I plugged in my Nano/Hornet, it became clear why they sounded different: the left and right channels are reversed.

It was a bit weird listening to a particular reference song for passages I'm very familiar with in order to gauge their virgin sq, only to have the passage appear in the opposite ear. Spinning around 180 quickly did not help…… 8~)

Easy enough to fix during re-cable (or maybe just swap the ear pieces; never tried), but thought I'd share an interesting QA tidbit.

Edit: just swapped the earpieces; easy fix. Hmm, I wonder how many are out there with L on R side?

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by drp
I just opened a fresh pack of KSC-35s to break in and then modify. While listening to my SRF-S84 radio and then another source, I thought they sounded somehow different. When I plugged in my Nano/Hornet, it became clear why they sounded different: the left and right channels are reversed.

It was a bit weird listening to a particular reference song for passages I'm very familiar with in order to gauge their virgin sq, only to have the passage appear in the opposite ear. Spinning around 180 quickly did not help…… 8~)

Easy enough to fix during re-cable (or maybe just swap the ear pieces; never tried), but thought I'd share an interesting QA tidbit.

Edit: just swapped the earpieces; easy fix. Hmm, I wonder how many are out there with L on R side?

usually they mark the right driver 'knob' that fit into the ear piece with a little bit of permanant marker.

Apr 2, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 7
As edited, after posting, I popped off and swapped the clips. Oh, my plan to recable was for general improvements even prior to discovering the channel issue, but thanks all the same.

I suspect that whomever assembled these lil' jewels also followed the red-for right, but it was the left driver that got the ink. Doh!

Such great little phones.......

Apr 2, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 7
k\j p: .enohp eht no rennam emas eht ni rerutcafunam eht ot nialpmoc ot tseggus d'I ,sdrawkcab pu deriw snac emos teg uoy emit txeN

Apr 2, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
k\j p: .enohp eht no rennam emas eht ni rerutcafunam eht ot nialpmoc ot tseggus d'I ,sdrawkcab pu deriw snac emos teg uoy emit txeN

)~8...sEE.... sdnah ruoy no emit on dah uoy thguoht I .sknaht oN ?s57-csk htiw decalper meht teg dnA.

I more posted so that others with 35s could check their channels, but thanks for the entertainment value of your post...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back