Frequency Response Certificate for your HD-800
Nov 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kenta

Head-Fier
Dear Head-fiers,

I got the frequency response certificate for my HD-800 today free of charge from Sennheiser. All you have to do the register your HD-800 via this link below.
Sennheiser Product Registeration

On the option almost at the bottom of the registeration page, you will find an option you can tick to obtain the certification of your HD-800.

After 2 weeks of wait, .... I got it today directly from Sennheiser

And here is why my HD-800 No.03444 sounds just right.

-----------------------------------------------
The full text in German can be translated as:

Standardized to be the best

The figure below is the comparison of loudness and the acoustic pressure. The purpose of this comparison is to produce the subjective standard of the sound quality.

For the reference measurement alone needs days and not less than 16 acoustic experts to accomplish. The calibration of the sound field lasts more than 10 hours. With this extraordinary effort we keep our promise: HD 800 - Crafted for perfection.

-----------------------------------------------

I admire the Sennheiser service on this. I would encourage all of HD-800 owners to get one. It is however free of charge.

Hope someone who haven't yet get one, will be happy to know such a service from Sennheiser.
beerchug.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 7
Yeah, it sure is a great service.
If only more vendors provided the same certificate and specific frequency response chart.

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it sure is a great service.
If only more vendors provided the same certificate and specific frequency response chart.

I agree with you. It should be published. At least for ones with the grand price.

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with you. It should be published. At least for ones with the grand price.

It would reveal large frequency response variations, not to mention the variation between two transducers in a single can. So it would prove a bit counter-productive, until some measures were taken (such as providing low-definition graphs).

Nov 7, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumbaa32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If i remember well, there was already a thread about this FR graph but your thread is welcome
o2smile.gif

Here is mine, it seems to be quite flat but i still dont know how to interpret it correctly.

bresize.jpg

Thanks !! for the info. I didn't know that at all.

By the way, ... it seems my HD800 has a bit more bass than yours or what?
beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #7 of 7
These frequency response charts are a great service but they really provide very little info IMO.
Not only is it 100-12k, but the resolution of the actual graph is way too low.
It seems like they've been doctored to look as flat as possible without changing the results.
Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back