Frequency response and THD comparison tool
Feb 25, 2018 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Suuup

500+ Head-Fier
I made a tool to compare different frequency response measurements of headphones. It uses Tyll's database of headphones. You can even apply different target responses like diffuse field and Harman target. There's also a similarity function that finds headphones with a similar FR.

output.png

output.png

output.png

For reference, the Teac CT-H02 similarity to an LCD2 was found using the similarity function... This is the CT-H02
ct-h02-p-side.jpg

May 22, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 3
I first thought this thread was blocked of something. This is a massive contribution. For starters, you can use the command GETEQ:hd650,hd800 and you get the equalization that translate your hd600, or any headphone you want, to another, here the hd800. You need the EqualizerApo to do that and it is very simple. Just copy the equalization on the config text file. Bingo. Done.

I am addicted to that discord channel. It really works well. Some other commands I use a lot

PDFC:hd600,hd800
PDFC:hd600,hd800:raw
PDFC:harman,hd800:raw
PDFC:hd800:harman
and so on....

Of course I just discussed the limitation of the equalization with another avid user there. We know that headphones are tuned and cooked to sound good with their own response. So by copying another sound flavor, you won't get the timbre, soundstage, sound presentation, speed, clarity... of another headphone, just a flavor imitation. But for me, neutrality starts with the flavor, not the presentation.That is what the equalization does, and in my experience, it does it very well.

Good job!

May 22, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 3
I first thought this thread was blocked of something. This is a massive contribution. For starters, you can use the command GETEQ:hd650,hd800 and you get the equalization that translate your hd600, or any headphone you want, to another, here the hd800. You need the EqualizerApo to do that and it is very simple. Just copy the equalization on the config text file. Bingo. Done.

I am addicted to that discord channel. It really works well. Some other commands I use a lot

PDFC:hd600,hd800
PDFC:hd600,hd800:raw
PDFC:harman,hd800:raw
PDFC:hd800:harman
and so on....

Of course I just discussed the limitation of the equalization with another avid user there. We know that headphones are tuned and cooked to sound good with their own response. So by copying another sound flavor, you won't get the timbre, soundstage, sound presentation, speed, clarity... of another headphone, just a flavor imitation. But for me, neutrality starts with the flavor, not the presentation.That is what the equalization does, and in my experience, it does it very well.

Good job!
Thanks! I even reworked all of it into a much more powerful tool. Check the #rulesandinfo channel on the server, it has a few instructions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back