Freeway 2 Short Impression!
Nov 1, 2007 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jlingo

500+ Head-Fier
I just wanted to post some impressions on Freeway 2 since I couldn’t find any on headfi. I thought I would write a little bit of comments about it since I believe it’s to be such a great device. I was using Audigy 2 NX prior to Freeway 2.

Well, my freeway 2 has been burning in for over a week or two. Definitely it hasn't passed the recommended one month burning in time. The results so far have been very satisfying.

At the beginning, I was hesitating about getting freeway 2 because I find that using Audigy 2 NX(Foobar+ASIO4ALL) to be very digital sounding or very analytical. Yes Audigy 2 NX provides superb clarity, sparkling high. But it's somewhat missing the emotion, the swing, and the euphonic sound. Also, the decay and the bass from Freeway 2 is more superior compared to the Audigy. The Audigy only gave me a WOW factor at the beginning but it wasn’t able to keep drown into the music. Not Until freeway 2 came into my life, I was staying away from computer audio.
biggrin.gif

Freeway 2 is VERY MUSICAL. The sound is VERY focused and even cleaner compared to Audigy 2 NX, yet surprisingly laid back and musical. It carries emotions in it. I wouldn’t say Freeway 2 has better clarity than Audigy 2 NX, but it’s got VERY QUIET background and pretty addicting. The smooth liquid sound of Freeway 2 really startled me as I don’t get this with Audigy 2 NX. It’s also able to produce all the details and all the decay. The midrange is very round and meaty with high resolution. This combination(Freeway 2 with M902 and LISA) could make my Ultrasone Edition 9 midrange surprisingly sound more like PS-1 midrange which I find to be very liquid, round and full. I don’t really know how to describe this in better terms. I find that PS-1 midrange to be very high resolution, very round, very tight together, it’s a unique signature. Anyone has better description on how PS-1 Midrange sound?

Installation was so easy and simple. no driver was required, and it works flawlessly under Vista, just installed the foobar 0.8.3 and then followed the accompanied guidelines. The whole setup could be done within 5 minutes.
biggrin.gif

All in All, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Freeway 2 to anyone who is into Computer Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back