Free Sennheiser 660S
Jun 8, 2022 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TDinCali

500+ Head-Fier
I’m giving away a Monolith dac/amp 778 combo in the amp section and I’d also like to give away this Sennheiser 660S headphones as a thank you to the collective group for all the advice and knowledge I received here. Perhaps someone young starting out could use these headphones and amp/dac.

Leave a note why it should be you who gets it and we’ll let the collective group pick the person.

Cheers!

F0B09592-CFDF-4EA0-AA2D-06055DB58C3E.jpeg
8DAF7480-EFDE-4D26-9FD6-EFD8F1F3F981.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 13
Interesting idea. Since I seem like the first to reply I’ll simply say that the community here at HeadFi as a whole gives amazing insight and knowledge and in general is one of the friendliest community forums I’ve been a part of.

The combo in question is an awesome start to the winner and hats off to @TDinCali for putting it up for grabs.

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 13
What a nice idea! That's super kind of you. I don't really have a remarkable story to make me worthy but the 6 series has been on my mind for a while. :) My very first audiophile headphone was the HD650 and for a few years, I was in love with its mellow performance. I eventually moved up to the HD800 and ended up selling the 650 just to get back some of the money I was spending. A part of me keeps thinking about buying them again, over and over again. I've thought about the 6xx from drop or a used 650 online but I also thought the 660S might be a nice way to get back to that Sennheiser signature and try something new. Family life prevents me from spending anything on myself for the foreseeable future and so I would love to try these but I don't think I will be the "newbie" type of person it sounds like you want to introduce to this hobby....just throwing my hat in the ring. :wink:

Jun 8, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #6 of 13
I’m now giving away 3 items. The monolith dac/amp, Sennheiser 660S and a A&K dap. I hope they go to someone who will actually use it.

Jun 8, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #7 of 13
I'd like to be considered.

I've never used a pair of open headphones and absolutely love my small closed collection.

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #8 of 13
In my audiophile journey till now, I am yet to try a Sennheiser can. I have a Hifiman Susvara, Sundara, Audio technica R70x, Siviga SV021. So rest assured i would definitely take good care of your HD-660S.

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #9 of 13
I would suggest finding a person who can't afford any of this kind equipment and doesn't already have anything like it. That pretty much excludes everyone on this forum. Maybe you or your friends know a young person who only has a smart phone and cheapo IE headphones. Or maybe contact a local high school music teacher who may know someone who is deserving.

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #10 of 13
I would suggest finding a person who can't afford any of this kind equipment and doesn't already have anything like it. That pretty much excludes everyone on this forum. Maybe you or your friends know a young person who only has a smart phone and cheapo IE headphones. Or maybe contact a local high school music teacher who may know someone who is deserving.
Just as an addendum to my post above, I checked the web page of my local high school and could see the name and email address of each member of the music faculty.

Jun 9, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #12 of 13
We have found a deserving new audiophile for these headphones. Once they receive it, perhaps they will chime in with a little review.

Cheers everyone!

Jun 9, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #13 of 13
On ebay you can also sell them and set it to 100 percent to a charity you pick. If you did that I wouldn't let them go cheap. I think there's a dozen verified charities to pick from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back