Free RAM!
Mar 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello all,

I recently upgraded my step-mother's PC (it had only 256MB of RAM on Windows XP.. ewwwww) and now I have that RAM left over. I was going to trash it, but I figured somebody out there could/can use it.

Brand name = "Infineon"
Model Number = PC2700U-25330-A0
Specs = 184pin DDR SDRAM, 256MB, DDR-333, 166 MHz, CL 2.5/3/3

It's not great RAM by any means, but i'll ship it free
smily_headphones1.gif
First one to respond to this thread with their reason for needing it, gets it.

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 18
I am FIRST!!!!!! lol, i don't want it tho :p. Don't need it :p. Next one!!
biggrin.gif

Would cost a lot for iit to be shipped to UK
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 18
whoa! my laptop got stolen a couple months ago and I can't afford a new one. My parents sent me an ancient Asus with a floppy drive and 256 of ram, which isn't enough. It has a spare SODIMM!

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whoa! my laptop got stolen a couple months ago and I can't afford a new one. My parents sent me an ancient Asus with a floppy drive and 256 of ram, which isn't enough. It has a spare SODIMM!

I think what he has is a DIMM. It's for desktops, not laptops.

Mar 8, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll take it if it's still available.

I only have 256 MB of RAM on my machine and my computer slows to a crawl if I open up more than two tabs in Firefox. It sucks.

Yep, I think it will be yours. Can you double-check the Specs in the OP for me? I'd like to be sure it'll fit your system. If that looks OK, go ahead and shoot me a PM with all your particulars and i'll get it shipped out as soon as I can
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey trains are bad,

I have 2 HYNIX 256MB PC2700-25330 DDR 333Mhz that I no longer need. These were the ones that originally came with my laptop. I no longer have use for them as I have upgraded to 2gigs of ram so they are yours your the taking (free) if they are the type you need.

Mar 8, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, I think it will be yours. Can you double-check the Specs in the OP for me? I'd like to be sure it'll fit your system. If that looks OK, go ahead and shoot me a PM with all your particulars and i'll get it shipped out as soon as I can
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I don't think it will work in my system. I have a Dell Dimension 5150, which appears to use 240 pin DDR2-400 PC2-3200 memory. My bad.

Thanks for the generous offer though.

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I don't think it will work in my system. I have a Dell Dimension 5150, which appears to use 240 pin DDR2-400 PC2-3200 memory. My bad.

Thanks for the generous offer though.

Aw nuts. You know what's funny about that? What's the point of having DDR2 memory if it's only 256MB worth of it. Gotta love the geniuses at Dell
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aw nuts. You know what's funny about that? What's the point of having DDR2 memory if it's only 256MB worth of it. Gotta love the geniuses at Dell
wink.gif

Not only that, but slow DDR2 memory! That module runs no faster than common DDR memory can! And it probably has higher latencies to boot, so it's actually going to run even slower.

Brilliant!
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just replaced the RAM in my Dell Inspiron 9300. I have two 256mb 1Rx16 PC2-4200S-444-12 533 mhz. If this will help I'd be happy to make sure you get one or both.

Those won't work in any machine that's been brought up in this thread so far, but I'm sure you'll still be able to find takers for them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back