Free power cord (too good to be true)?
Oct 24, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #106 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyRx7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woohoo! Turns out I was one of the first 25, but my email address got mispelled - nothing a phone call couldn't fix! I just got an invoice from them for the shipping fees... Sweeet!! They're super nice people over there.

How do you find this out if they had your email wrong?

What is the email address theyre sending out notifications from??

im afraid comcast is blocking the email address because they do it with a lot of things without telling me!

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #107 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotchaforce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you find this out if they had your email wrong?

What is the email address theyre sending out notifications from??

im afraid comcast is blocking the email address because they do it with a lot of things without telling me!

I got my congrats email from brad@virtualdynamics.ca

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #108 of 433
lol...I didn't even realize that I got one. Brad just emailed stating that I have until tomorrow noon to respond. Shipping is $33 to US & $28 to Canada.

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #109 of 433
I asked them to send me a PayPal request for payment. They did along with an invoice and sales order.
I'll post some impressions if it gets here before I leave town (Nov.2nd).

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #110 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol...I didn't even realize that I got one. Brad just emailed stating that I have until tomorrow noon to respond. Shipping is $33 to US & $28 to Canada.

It's actually $33.00 Canadian, but that's not very different from $33.00 US these days.

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #111 of 433
I also got a confirmation. I forget exactly when I registered, but the wording of the email (I got verbatim the exact same message as swt61 posted earlier in this thread) suggested to me that they may do this in batches, and the sample size MAY not be closed. So, it can't hurt to go register; if they just use the group "people that registered since X date" for the following batches you might be eligible... though the size of the sampling would grow with each batch. I could also be completely wrong.

It took them about a full day to get back with an invoice and paypal info, but made it to my inbox a couple hours ago.

I am looking forward to this
580smile.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #112 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's actually $33.00 Canadian, but that's not very different from $33.00 US these days.

I think the problem was grammatical imprecision; they were saying shipping TO the United States would be $33 CAD, while in Canada shipping was cheaper at only $28 CAD. So Canadian currency both ways, the difference being destination. I grant it could easily be interpreted the other way, but they didn't lie.

Disengaging grammar fanatic mode now, apologies swt61
tongue.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #114 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTrumpet999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the problem was grammatical imprecision; they were saying shipping TO the United States would be $33 CAD, while in Canada shipping was cheaper at only $28 CAD. So Canadian currency both ways, the difference being destination. I grant it could easily be interpreted the other way, but they didn't lie.

Disengaging grammar fanatic mode now, apologies swt61
tongue.gif

LOL!

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #116 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyone else in Australia that was lucky enough to be chosen for the "free" cable?

The quote they gave me for shipping is $72.90 CAD. Not so "free" huh...
blink.gif

ew... that is an ugly shipping price.
Yes, it is not so free =_=

I really wish I am in the list of the next 75 lucky people
blink.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #117 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by DSlayerZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ew... that is an ugly shipping price.
Yes, it is not so free =_=

I really wish I am in the list of the next 75 lucky people
blink.gif

I thought that everyone had been contacted by now? If not, it means that either 100 is not the total number, or that nearly half (or more) of the recipients participated in this very thread.
blink.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #118 of 433
wellll this is the email to one of the head fier

"Congratulations. You are one of the first 25 of 100 winners of the
Power Three cables that we will be selecting. Your name was selected
randomly from a pool of new subscribers to the Virtual Dynamics website."

So..... I guess is the first 25 people.. what interest me is that apparently the winner was selected not by the time of registration, but by random drawings

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #119 of 433
The original email (which swt61 has posted earlier in this thread) stated that as of a couple of days ago, only 25 winners had yet been selected. I think it is most probable that this is the only group as of yet, which means you are right infinitesymphony - nearly half of the recipients have posted here! A pretty good ratio indeed.

Anybody still interested should register at their site, just in case the future drawings are not closed.

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #120 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyone else in Australia that was lucky enough to be chosen for the "free" cable?

The quote they gave me for shipping is $72.90 CAD. Not so "free" huh...
blink.gif

I never got a reply
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back