free pocketdock
Apr 15, 2006 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

feh1325

Headphoneus Supremus
SendStation Systems says it has teamed up with the Easter bunny to give away 1,000 free FireWire PocketDock iPod adapters. The thumb-sized PocketDock lets you connect a standard 6-pin FireWire cable to the dock connector of any iPod, allowing you to sync/charge your iPod with a FireWire cable or use older iPod accessories. The offer is available while supplies last or until April 16, 2006 and is limited to one PocketDock per person.

http://www.sendstation.com/us/produc...ock/index.html

there are only two setbacks on this offer
1. need to pay $6.50 for shipping
2. NO HEADPHONE JACK :bigunhappyface:

Apr 15, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 7
Rather, no line out
frown.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 7
ya, i was really excited when i saw this offer

i entered in all my info and was about to hit order until i double checked and didn't see a headphone jack

and that makes me a sad panda :sexualharassmentpandaface:

Apr 15, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #5 of 7
there are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

with that in mind, wat is the difference between the second headphone jack in the sendstation and a line out?

Apr 15, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
there are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

with that in mind, wat is the difference between the second headphone jack in the sendstation and a line out?

Generally speaking, a headphone output is routed through the player's internal amplifier. A line out is a fixed-volume output that bypasses the internal amp and is specifically intended to be used with an external amplifier. Think of it as being the same as the L/R analog outputs of a CD player.

Apr 15, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 7
Yeah they offered this a few months back. Cool for those us with older iPods and want to free up our existing cables for other computers, but it's a model I can't suspect they're selling much of at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back