Free PCDPs for fun/collectors.
Oct 6, 2004 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Hajime

1000+ Head-Fier
Long story short, I went to a rummage sale and picked up a bunch of old portable CD players because I know you guys like them. I paid from $2-10 for them and I'd be willing to send these to anyone who would really like them. I want to set a few rules to keep this fun. First, only one portable cd player per person. Second, please don't ask for it if you don't need it or aren't really interested in it. Third, I'm sending these things out as a gift from me so I'd really appreciate it if you'd promise not to sell them.

Here's a list of the players:

D-7, great condition physically except for the top of the inside. The little window in to the player is taped on with scotch tape and the puck thing is a little loose. The actual player/laser are fine. It also comes with this heavy BP-200 battery pack which clips on the bottom of the D-7 and is heavier than the player itself. You'll need a 9v wall wart to use it.

D-11 This player is in perfect condition but the puck on the inside top lid is a little loose. I don't know if that's normal or not. It looks new. It needs a 9v wall wart.

D-121 This player is a little scratched up, but other than the external scratches it's fine. It takes two AA batteries. Edit: I just opened the battery drawer for this thing and some kid jammed a piece of candy in there which has since cracked and caused a huge mess. I think this thing's worthless unless someone's willing to clear out the candy crap.

D-EJ611 It's fine, but missing the battery cover so you'll have to use tape to hold the batteries in or something.

I'm not making any money off of this and all I ask is you pay shipping to your address.

Oct 6, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 16
if you could send me any of those it would be amazing super! I actually dont HAVE a cd player at the moment and I have always wanted to see what all the fuss is about. Email me at

einolu
at
gmail
dotcom

if you would be so kind :)

~EO

Oct 6, 2004 at 11:59 PM Post #5 of 16
Did you test the D-7 and/or D-11?
I could really use a solid PCDP for my desk, if either works.
Great gesture, by the way.
Someday when I get a job I'll do giveaways too.
icon10.gif

Oct 7, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #7 of 16
I tested the D-11, I haven't tried the D-7. I'll dig out a 9v wall wart, plug it in and see what happens.

I'll reply to those who are interested after I get out of work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #8 of 16
oh yeah, i forgot!

...even though I dont need any, its nice that you're giving away freebies!

man, if i had extra cash to burn I would give away some stuff (like that guy who gave away his pp2s... cant remember his name sorry)

Oct 7, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #10 of 16
Hey Hajime, this is so cool. I already have a D-11 and would love to have another in case one dies. I am in Mexico, but my ex is in Texas and I also have some other friends in Atlanta and Los Angeles that could send it to me later. Would you consider me for the D-11? I promise not to sell it and care for it like my own baby.

Oct 7, 2004 at 7:34 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hajime
I tested the D-11, I haven't tried the D-7. I'll dig out a 9v wall wart, plug it in and see what happens.

Make sure it's the right configuration... IIRC, the older 9V Sony PDCPs are center-negative, and most modern 9V wall warts are center-positive. You can check the diagram on the Sony and the wall wart, though. You can always cut and splice the wires if you want to change the wall wart...

G

Oct 7, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiingemt
Make sure it's the right configuration... IIRC, the older 9V Sony PDCPs are center-negative, and most modern 9V wall warts are center-positive. You can check the diagram on the Sony and the wall wart, though. You can always cut and splice the wires if you want to change the wall wart...

G

He wont have a problem if he uses the same plug he used with the D-11. IIRC, it's the same size, voltage and polarity. No need to get a new wall WART.

Oct 8, 2004 at 11:47 PM Post #15 of 16
YGPM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back