FREE PA2v2
Oct 3, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #31 of 127
Just sent you a PM.
600smile.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #32 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
Alright folks - thanks for the kind words and keep those PMs comin'. There's a lot of interest for the amp already and there seems to be a good mix of people, from seasoned Head-Fiers to Noobs and from monster rigs to almost no rig!

To even the odds a little bit, I'm going to add the following bonus for students and the ampless only: Make me laugh, or tell me what got you into hi-fi to begin with, and your PM will count for two! Contributing members will be entered twice as well.

Cheers, and...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

heh what got me started....

my dad had a pair of older bose floor speakers and an old kenwood integrated amp which i used for the longest time as computer speakers (my only real source). This eventually got me wanting to build a modest home theater as i love movies, original budget was $1000 at most for everything. as it currently sits i'm over $3500 spaced out over a longer time frame (and much more rewarding). During the course of this I began to despise the sound of any low end headphones and while talking with a friend at work discovered he had a pair of SR60s and his dad owns the best shop in town for high end audio gear so it was out the next few weeks to buy a pair of sr60s to start my headphone addiction and the rest is history. Still only have a pair of SR60s and newly acquired E4's but plans are in the works to add to that once school funds are paid off.

As for a joke to make you laugh (other than the fact I started into Hi-fi with bose
very_evil_smiley.gif
) i'll have to get back to you as i've got another 8 pages worth of a paper to write

Oct 3, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #33 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep
since you dont have any mini to mini to go along with that, let me provide you(or the winner) a mini to mini, of course, free with free shipping anywhere in the world.. that is if needed..
blink.gif

Wow... people are real generous in this forum!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 8:12 AM Post #34 of 127
If I champion headfi, and the members' generosity, openly....

Can I have a (2) by my name as well, please???

Kind regards
Steve

Oct 3, 2006 at 8:50 AM Post #35 of 127
Sent a PM!

I really hope I win, since I've never even seen a dedicated headphone amp before!

Good luck everyone and thank you GlendaleViper for your generosity!

Oct 3, 2006 at 8:55 AM Post #36 of 127
Yeah, really a great thing to do!
that's what makes this place sooo special
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #41 of 127
Good morning folks - Please make sure to send me a PM if you want in on the draw. The few of you who have already posted an entry in the thread itself will be added to the list, but from this post forward, a public entry will not be counted. I'd like to try to adhere to the FS Forum rules as much as possible while this is on. Thanks!

Oct 3, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #43 of 127
Woops. I already sent my PM until I read the student and ampless thing. I'll just post here rather than bombard you with more PM's. I'm a student and all my kit consists of is Sony d-ne920, hd 595 and a pair of broke e3c.
rolleyes.gif

And you're one really generous man/woman/automated bot
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #44 of 127
I don't suppose it counts if I'm a student w/o a portable amp? If I have a home amp am I out of luck for getting a (2) next to my name? I've got a headroom little, but I've never been near a portable amp...

Oct 3, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #45 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by grzzlo
I don't suppose it counts if I'm a student w/o a portable amp? If I have a home amp am I out of luck for getting a (2) next to my name? I've got a headroom little, but I've never been near a portable amp...

Same here. I didn't see that part til after I sent a PM
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back