Free Music: My Friend Truck And I
May 18, 2009 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rav

1000+ Head-Fier
I first came across this outfit some years ago, but only ever found a few mp3s from various albums/EPs available on their website, and as it was all in russian, i didn't have much hope of ordering anything from their online shop.

Anyway, a few months ago i discovered that they have their first 3 albums available as 320k mp3, a few samples from other releases plus a more recent recording which is some sort of concept album as far as i can tell. I'm not really sure how to describe the sound, as it's a little different from album to album, i can sort of see bits of morphine, white stripes, they might be giants, system of a down and who knows what else in there. And in Russian. I have no idea what the lyrics are about (did try a running one song through babelfish, which only added to the surreality) but that sort of adds to it in a way.

Probably best just to post the links and shut up...

intro (the laughingly 'English' part of the website, with mp3 links sort of translated)

NEGRUZOVIKI google translation of the site with the 'other' album, which to me is the strongest stuff, it works as an album more than the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back