Free LEGAL Downloading...
Aug 31, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 11
Progress is progress, whichever direction it goes. Id still rather fork over my cash for a little silver or large black disc though. And my sentiment would be the smae even if this applied to lossless downloads instead of poorly encoded MP3s. Theres more to music than just ownership in that sense.

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 11
Meh.

No word on the formats. Prolly 128k mp3. No thanks.

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 11
It's time-limited 128kbps WMA protected. Not only won't it play on iPods, but you have to watch a certain number of advertisements every two weeks or your files get deactivated.

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
It's time-limited 128kbps WMA protected. Not only won't it play on iPods, but you have to watch a certain number of advertisements every two weeks or your files get deactivated.

Wow. I thought it couldn't be less attractive than 128k mp3's.

Clearly I was mistaken.

Aug 31, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy

Use S/PDIF from one sound card to another and re-record the files. It'll still be bad quality but still better than nothing. (Of course, the real point is to preview music, in which case consider it a reduced quality trial!)
And I suppose you could just ignore the ads or even set up a program to "watch" them for you.

Aug 31, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 11
Ads? Low Bitrate? Sound like analog radio!

Long live "trackers"!!
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephil
wma is just a no-no

edit: but yeah, YamiTenshi is right... its free

Exactly, it's free, and yet it's still not worth the trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back