Free: Headroom - Total Airhead ! [mini-contest - ends 4/30 ]
Apr 14, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #17 of 56
My low-budget idea would have to be a headphone helmet...rip out some drivers from PC speakers, place them on either side of a bending beam that sits on top of your head...fashion a leather helmet around that, complete with a front windshield, and enjoy your music in public while looking like a Power Ranger :p

Apr 14, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #18 of 56
You guys have never been a poor student before. No poor student can possibly fantasize let alone imagine up such outrageous rigs. Nothing can beat the awesome power of a poor student's Ipod. So I shall let it end thee.

<>Ipod</>

Apr 14, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #19 of 56
Craziest portable rig:

Use those 1981 so-called "Hi-Fi" speakers with rats living in it.

put that on a bicycle of your choice and finish it up with a stereo system(amp) powered by a 12V car battery which could be charged by a alternator when moving.

So along your way to school, you and the by-standers could enjoy tunes.btw, chicks dig it and I have seen it done!

pick me! I'm a student of Ryerson University in Toronto.

Apr 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #21 of 56
break two phones (thats right good ol fashioned phone hand sets) break them in half, install the earpieces into a fighter pilot helmet reverse of bob log III style, hold mouth pieces up to fm radio, boombox, even Sehring S704, versatile and safe : )

Apr 14, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #24 of 56
sfi_needles.jpg

or

Phonodome%20Mk1.JPG

or

Phonodome%20Mk4.JPG

to

dscn0932resize.jpg

to

l_eebc4bbdf8f3dcb9fb7f0ca145af6e89.jpg

Thanks to Duggeh, Ludoo, and Patrick 82 for pictures! Sorry they're a bit big. And big thanks to fl1ckmasterflex for the contest!

Apr 14, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #27 of 56
not currently a student but i'm poor and seriously looking into going back to school

does that count?

anyway insane audio rig...

custom modified pack frame
car battery connected to an inverter
orpheus system

put it all inside a case made to look like one of those big WW2 radios they wore on their backs

Apr 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #30 of 56
I have the ultimate high-end rig....I've fine tuned every nook and cranny, every wall, floor and ceiling, every desk, computer and chair and every tool and piece of equipment that is present on the oil rig I'm working on to act as a perfectly honed acoustical resonator. All I do is plug in my Sandisk Sansa, and every surface on the rig acts as a perfect acoustical speaker to play back music at true audiophile quality.

Yes, I did lease some special technology from the Vogons, but it was well worth it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back