Free: Headroom - Total Airhead ! [mini-contest - ends 4/30 ]
Apr 13, 2009 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

fl1ckmasterflex

New Head-Fier
I was trying to dispose of this amp ever since I got the Little Dot amp months ago. However, I graduated, moved, etc and never go to it. I thought I'd give it away to someone deserving since I don't have much use of it anymore. I remember how hard it was to scrape cash together for buying gear back when I was a student and so I want to give it away to someone who is a current student
smile.gif

So, heres the deal:

1. Total Airhead Portable amp (Purchased in 3/2007)
+ Mini - Mini Cable
+ Adhesive feet
+ Power adapter

Price: $0.00

Shipping: I really want to avoid the shipping hassle so if you're local to Bellevue (WA) or you can pick it up @ Bellevue, you automatically get preference (If you can arrange for someone to pickup for you that's OK too). In all other cases you will have to pay for shipping.

In order to make this fun, and since I don't really have any other criteria other than you should be a current student, lets try a little contest.
----------------------------------

The Contest: Describe a ridiculously humorous/insane audio rig/setup in a few sentences. It doesn't have to exist in real life, so let your imagination run wild ! (Bonus points for more low-tech & more insane!
icon10.gif
)

e.g. - The 51 inch subwoofer powered by a cars crankshaft used on MythBusters in an attempt to destroy a car. If you haven't seen that particular episode just google "Myth Busters subwoofer"

To enter in the contest simply reply to this thread with the description of the setup. If you have multiple ideas, please limit them to a total of 3 entries. I will accept all entries made before 12pm - 4/30/2009. I can't think of any objective system to measure the entries so the winner will be picked solely on whatever seems the most humerous/insane to me. The winner will be announced in the following week and will be contacted by PM. When I PM the winner I will request them to send me a blank email from their student email account. That's the easiest way I can think of to verify you're a student.

I know there are various ways to game the rules, but please try to be fair to the other participants.
---------------------------------------
Pic of the item:
r7j18j.jpg

---------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I make no guarantees about the working or condition of this amp. So if it gets damaged while shipping or w/e, that is your problem. Ofcource if you're local and you win, you can if you want, make sure it works before accepting it. (Well, its free, so...
icon10.gif
)

Apr 13, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #2 of 56
81" speakers 2.0 which gets it power by 250 hamsters in roller cages with 260 rechargeable D batteries for backup power source.

Edit: aww I just notice the student line,Guess I better in role in commuity college.

Apr 13, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 56
Speakers made from UFO pieces collected at Roswell, connected to an element-115 fueled 200 tube amplifier with alien cryo-treated unobtainium cable coated in gold and crystals for ultimate bling factor.

CD player runs on the power of dreams and unicorn blood. Ross Brawn's external brain controls the logic circuits.

And yes, I'm a uni student
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #4 of 56
my car buffalo 10.3 channel noise canceling gigantic speaker power by micro nuclear natural gas combined very unstable battery + nitrogen gas tank boost my car speed help me avoid FBI chasing on the high way.

The speaker not only give me heaven audio experience, it also possesses the power to kill any living being the size of an elephant on sight and blow up women skirts without damage their hearing
ksc75smile.gif

Yes, I am a college student.

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 56
my FiiO E100 >>>> found under the Bose Box on the street.
Amplifying by using nano technology and molecular battery.
So, it can drive your Headphone as long as it still working.
Life time battery and if you plug in by the LOD of any brand with any iPod, it will extremely invincible.
PS.beware to use near any of MADE IN USA product !!
[i'm a high school student]

Apr 13, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #7 of 56
why all the speakers?? just because he mentioned a story about speakers??

thi is a headphone forum hehe

not a current student I deferred indefinitely from post grad studies of animation. also dont need an amp, but I think this is a great thing you are doing for the students of this world!!
beerchug.gif
; I remember my days in college fondly; but OMG I could have used a HP amp to drive the HD280 I was using straight out of an ipod nano 1G back then.

good luck everyone
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 56
45 ft subwoofers on top of a Mini Cooper with 2 feet diameter wires coming from a supermarket to power them and 12 old ladies getting their boogie down in wheel chairs beside the mini cooper.

Apr 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 56
You pre-order a pair of the upcoming Grado PS-1000, hoping to get ahead of the game and be the first on the block with these new headphones. You ask for next day shipping as soon as they become available, eager to get them as soon as possible, figuring, hey after dropping $1600 another $36.50 won't hurt. As your mouse clicks on the Place Order button, you feel a rush of euphoria. You wait patiently for the shipping confirmation e-mail. After a few days you get anxious, weren't they supposed to be available this month?

Finally, you get the e-mail. You wait patiently in your living room the entire day, having been barely able to get dressed this morning. You even combed your hair extra neatly today, wanting to make a good impression on the UPS guy. Suddenly, the doorbell rings! You rush to answer it.......and yes it is indeed the mailman, brown suit and all, holding your package ever so delicately, asking you to sign. Your signature ends up slightly messy but its okay as you take the box, close the door, and quickly walk over to your living room audio set up.

You kneel on the ground and gently yet hastily rip off the packaging. They are beautiful! Your money well spent! You make a quick look through the packaging to make sure you didn't miss anything and you proceed to plug the headphones into your expensive Headroom Max Line headphone amp, with it's top of the line built in DAC converter it makes even your friend's Sennheiser pro280's shine! You can't even remember why you let him desecrate your amp with such simpleton headphones. But its okay as you plug in your own phones and turn on your home theatre system complete with (of course) a Sony SACD player.

You take a deep breath before you open your SACD version of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Your hand steadily places the shining disc of bliss into the player. As it disappears into the recesses of the Sony player, you snugly fit the Grados on. They fit perfectly! Ridiculously comfortable, you think as you sit back in your also ridiculously comfortable leather chair and press play from your remote, made from clear glass.

As the first telltale thumps of the distorted bass drum fade in, you can already feel the scuff of Nick Mason's shoe on the drum pedal. You can hear all sorts of ambient majesty in the background as David Gilmore, guitar extraordinaire, slides his fingers over the frets in anticipation. You too sit back in anticipation of the great musical experience you are about to be privy too.

Suddenly, you hear a continuous loop of former President Bush talking:

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

"What the hell??"

Somehow you picked up a satellite signal of some sort. And now all you can hear is the sound of George Bush messing up while trying to make a speech.

But what quality!! Never has Bush's voice had so much definition. You can hear every single breath, every pause as the then president's mind blanks and he says something like "unconstitutionalized" or "non-warranted."

You stare at your sound system in disbelief.
"Nooooooooooooo!"

Apr 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #12 of 56
So, what happens when I use Monster cable with Bose speakers? Do two of them cause the multiplied composite effect, creating a sort of fiscal black hole, in which money disappears never to be seen again?

Apr 13, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #13 of 56
I actually AM a college student desperate for an amp! So hows this?
AKG K-1000-> Sony Home Theater in a box reciever-> nordost valhalla phono cables-> a sewing needle manually run through the groove of a Rick Astley Vinyl...

Apr 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #14 of 56
Very nice of you fl1ckmasterflex, I'm not a student anymore I admit (shame). Good luck to all the students competing!

Apr 13, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #15 of 56
Using a Nintendo DS as a DAP through iBuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back