Free Headphone Stand Giveaway!
Nov 1, 2006 at 12:55 PM Post #46 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by sovkiller
Guys don't be ridiculous, stop posting those gettho stands, there is absolutelly no need of those, don't waste any effort on making those, IMO those are just a joke, and which finality is just to try to get this generous offer the "holy stand". Don't tell me that you own a heapdhone that maybe cost you from 100 to 500 and you do not have an spare $0.99 cens to get a banana hanger in any dollar store, or a little better $9.99 to get a decent one on Target, Wallmart or any other convenience store, or if you want to spend a little more like $13.00 get the sennheiser HH10 headphone clamp directly from them or maybe the Koss hook...all those are really decent cheap alternatives to a heapdhone stand and will serve the same purpose thna those fancy expensive woody ones.....

My stand actually doubles as a place where I clip a reading light, because my bed is right next to it. I'm always scared that the QG clamp is going to fall off in my sleep and strangle me with the headphone cable and the light is going to switch on and burn me.

Maybe my thearpist is right, I am paranoid and do need some thing like haldol to 'even me out'.
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #48 of 149
I'l post my pic later. My stand is so ghetto it dosn't exist! My K1000s just lay in a narrow confined space on my wood desk next to my sizzling hot amp
k1000smile.gif

Nov 1, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #52 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Wow! Serious craftsmanship. (...at least compared to toilet paper rolls... speaking of crappiest...)
tongue.gif

Hey, don't knock my stand. I had to go through a lot to acquire that particular part.
blink.gif

Nov 1, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #53 of 149
Handy and cheap! A thumbtack into the wall behind my laptop

fullviewhh5.jpg

Close-up detail of the tack

closeupdj4.jpg

It seems to work fine unless the wall shakes too much
blink.gif

Nov 1, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #55 of 149
I know you guys were craving some nice wood...
smily_headphones1.gif

ghettostand01gv3.jpg

ghettostand02sq1.jpg

ghettostand03pg7.jpg

PS. I didn't mess up my room to make it look more ghetto
wink.gif

I apologise for the bad camera work.

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #57 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_loo
http://www.kentroncorp.com/headphone/stand.jpg[/im]

looked a lot better at ikea than after I put it up [img]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/redface.gif

spent so much money on the 'phones that you are out of stand money?
tongue.gif

I'm jealous.

edit to unquote pic

Nov 1, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #59 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Guys don't be ridiculous, stop posting those gettho stands, there is absolutelly no need of those, don't waste any effort on making those, IMO those are just a joke, and which finality is just to try to get this generous offer the "holy stand". Don't tell me that you own a heapdhone that maybe cost you from 100 to 500 and you do not have an spare $0.99 cens to get a banana hanger in any dollar store, or a little better $9.99 to get a decent one on Target, Wallmart or any other convenience store, or if you want to spend a little more like $13.00 get the sennheiser HH10 headphone clamp directly from them or maybe the Koss hook...all those are really decent cheap alternatives to a heapdhone stand and will serve the same purpose thna those fancy expensive woody ones.....

Hey! My signature has been how it is currently, long before this contest, because I truly use this stand every day! I didn't look in Target because my desk and the pencil were staring me in the face, available without any trip into town...
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #60 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller

I have a question or two for you. Have you taken the time to read swt61's public profile? Have you taken the time to read swt61's Buyer/Seller Feedback? I hope that your answer to both those questions is no because if it is yes and you still felt the need to write something like the above load of nonsense I really feel sorry for you.

I don't know swt61 from Adam but I did take the time to read both his public profile and Buyer/Seller Feedback and judging from these items, which I can only assume are fairly true and somewhat accurate, I would guess that he's a rather nice guy and pretty damn lucky too.

I say lucky because he's able to combine two of his favorite hobbies together to enhance not only his enjoyment of both hobbies but other's enjoyment as well. The fact that he's having this fun little contest only further proves that he's a hell of a nice guy.

I don't own a ghetto headphone stand but I may make one just for this contest. I do know that I will ask the members at the NYC Meet this Saturday to make a "group ghetto stand" for submission to the contest and if we win we'll have one more item to raffle off at our next meet.

But all that aside, swt61 is using his skills and love of woodworking to help bring a little visual beauty to our aural centered hobby and I really don't see the harm in that or the reason to knock him or those who choose to display their headphones upon his finely crafted stands. In fact, I think you should have swt61 custom make a stand for your new Ultrasone Special Edition 9, a headphone as deserving of a custom stand if there ever was one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back