Free headphone recable / repair.
Jan 16, 2006 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

[AK]Zip

Member of the Trade: APureSound
The Contest is now over

I found an extra HD650 cable that I thought I threw away. I was going to throw it away, but decided not to throw it away and instead offer a service of free headphone recable or repair of a broken headphone cable. I can and will recable any headphones by any company. If your drivers are damaged I can't help you. I thought about making this first come first serve, but decided that instead I will just choose a headphone I will recable. The way I will choose is it's either a person in need / without a big income, or someone with a pair of headphones I have never recabled. I will take PM's for 2-3 days and will decide then. If a whole bunch of people PM me in 1 day then I will just stop taking PM's then.

The cable is a stock HD650 cable with a 1/4 plug.

Good luck to you all!

P.S. I put this in the headphone section because a lot more people will see it. If people are looking in DIY they usually want to do it them selfs.

And the winner is.....

Congrads!

You will have a PM in a few minutes.

-Alex-

Jan 16, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #4 of 34
Yes the stock 650 cable. I found it to be one of the better cables out these in terms of build quality and wiring inside.

It's 9ft long I believe maybe 8. I can make it as long as you want it. It has the origional 1/4 plug on it.

-Alex-

Jan 16, 2006 at 9:26 AM Post #5 of 34
you should give away the pins, too!
smily_headphones1.gif

Somene could make a nice recable for their senns, as well!

Jan 16, 2006 at 9:36 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire
you should give away the pins, too!
smily_headphones1.gif

Somene could make a nice recable for their senns, as well!

Sorry, but I already used those. If people are able to make their own senn cable then don't need me to give away pins. They can just buy a 650 cable from Sennheiser.

-Alex-

Jan 16, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 34
Hi Alex,

Any idea what the 650 cable would do for my Alessandro MS-2 "classic"?

Jan 16, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #10 of 34
let's see how they sound on the PX100s?
and they need it, as the stock cable is falling apart so i'll need to replace it sometime

Jan 16, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lippy
Hi Alex,

Any idea what the 650 cable would do for my Alessandro MS-2 "classic"?

I honestly have no idea what it would do for the MS-2's. If you want I can put you on the list and if you get chosen you can see for yourself!
smily_headphones1.gif
It might not be worth it on the higher end headphones like those, but then again I don't know how good / bad the cable is on those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Allen
What about on a pair of hd-201?

I will put you on the list if you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
let's see how they sound on the PX100s?

I will put you on the list if you want.

Another day or 2 and I will make my decision. A lot of different headphones want their headphones recabled. Some with really good stories!

-Alex-

Jan 16, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #12 of 34
How about recable the Koss KSC-35? Those drivers are just begging for a cable upgrade.

Jan 17, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinchy
How about recable the Koss KSC-35? Those drivers are just begging for a cable upgrade.

If you want I will put you on the list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus1100xx
I think my ksc75 would need it more LOL
tongue.gif

If you want I will put you on the list.

I think I am going to make the cutoff at 30 people. Almost there. :p

-Alex-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back