Free Flac download, Brandenburg Concertos
Aug 13, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #16 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it safe to download from there, no viruses or spyware or something?

It's a music file, it cannot contain a virus/trojan/spyware that could harm your system.

Aug 13, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #17 of 61
Sorry for stupid question, but how do you 'save' the files? The mp3s open in Quicktime and the flac in VLC media player, but there's no option to save after it's played. The sound samples are great, I want to download the lot!

Aug 13, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for stupid question, but how do you 'save' the files? The mp3s open in Quicktime and the flac in VLC media player, but there's no option to save after it's played. The sound samples are great, I want to download the lot!

I was wondering the same thing. I right clicked the thing and it says "[PRO] Save as source." Looks like you need to have the "pro version" of Quicktime. I'm sure there's a program to record whatever's playing on the soundcard.

You can save the FLAC files, decompress it and MP3 compress it though.

Aug 13, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #19 of 61
ooo thats awesome, thx a lot
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #21 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For Firefox:
Right click the link, 'Save link as'
For IE:
Right click the link, 'Save target as'

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #22 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering the same thing. I right clicked the thing and it says "[PRO] Save as source." Looks like you need to have the "pro version" of Quicktime. I'm sure there's a program to record whatever's playing on the soundcard. You can save the FLAC files, decompress it and MP3 compress it though.

OK thanks, will try that
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #23 of 61
To save the FLACs, just go to the page linked by the OP, scroll down to the bottom of the left column to where the individual FLAC file name links appear in your browser window, right click, and save each individually without starting playback in Foobar or whatever.

Seems to work for me just like any other download.

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #24 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To save the FLACs, just go to the page linked by the OP, scroll down to the bottom of the left column to where the individual FLAC file name links appear in your browser window, right click, and save each individually without starting playback in Foobar or whatever.

Great - it worked. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #27 of 61
Sweet! I like how they performed the music with authentic instruments!

Quote:

The Brandenburg Concertos are an essential work in the baroque orchestral repertory, and yet we had to wait until last year to get the first complete Czech Radio recording performed on ancient instruments and based on the original scores, in line with modern standards of authentic performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back