Free concerts: U2, John Mayer Trio, Collective Soul, more
Dec 19, 2005 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Russ Arcuri

20% more jawbone...15% less fat...
This month is a good one for DirecTV subscribers. On channel 124 they're doing six different FreeView concerts this month. Playing every day:

U2, Vertigo Tour (no location given in the description)
John Mayer Trio, Bowery Ballroom in NYC in November
Collective Soul in Atlanta with the Atlanta Youth Symphony Orchestra
Bonnie Raitt (no location given in the description) + a bonus interview after the credits
Floetry at the New Orleans House of Blues
The Bacon Brothers (no location given in the description)

I only just discovered this... usually I see what's playing on FreeView at the beginning of each month. I'm setting TiVo to record them all. I haven't heard much Floetry or Bacon Brothers, so it should be interesting.

Dec 19, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 3
I've never been much of a Collective Soul fan, but the Freeview concert with the youth orchestra was a very pleasant surprise. This concert is going to be released shortly on DVD.

I watched the U2 show even though I detest them, and now I detest them even more.
biggrin.gif

Haven't seen the others yet.

Dec 19, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye
I've never been much of a Collective Soul fan, but the Freeview concert with the youth orchestra was a very pleasant surprise. This concert is going to be released shortly on DVD.

I watched the U2 show even though I detest them, and now I detest them even more.
biggrin.gif

Haven't seen the others yet.

I've always liked U2, so I'm looking forward to the show. I caught some of the John Mayer Trio show tonight while it was recording, and what I saw was excellent. I've never been much of a Collective Soul fan either, but a show with a youth orchestra could be interesting.

BTW, the John Mayer Trio show was November 23, so it was only a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back