Free CD Rentals at local library
Mar 14, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #17 of 22
I use the library too, but not the greatest selection around here. I also use amazon for previewing cd's.

Mar 15, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #18 of 22
What kinds of thrift stores sell vinyl? I bought hundreds of great classical vinyl LPs for 25 cents each at a music archive in our local library, but they have almost no non-classical LPs. I'd sure like to load-up on some non-classical LPs at this price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've checked out many music CDs from the library. There are few better ways to expose yourself to new genres and music. The next best is picking up 25 cent vinyl at the thrift store.

The books are a pretty good deal, too! If you're interested in tubes and DIY, you can sometimes find terrific old books in the electronics section. I especially like the old Navy training manuals - they're pretty good.

Mar 15, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #19 of 22
The library has CD's? I honestly never knew that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The library has CD's? I honestly never knew that.
smily_headphones1.gif

And whats crazier than that is my local library sort of works like netflix. I go online and search their CD titles and add them to my hold list. Then they will shipped them from the downtown branch to my local branch. Then they email me and will tell me that they got the cd on hold and I have 7 days to pick it up. I cannot believe this, The only time I went to the library was to vote!

Mar 16, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And whats crazier than that is my local library sort of works like netflix. I go online and search their CD titles and add them to my hold list. Then they will shipped them from the downtown branch to my local branch. Then they email me and will tell me that they got the cd on hold and I have 7 days to pick it up. I cannot believe this, The only time I went to the library was to vote!

Same system in our county libraries. The complete database of all the CDs in all of our county libraries is available for search on the Internet. We can then order up to a whole bunch of CDs at a time, and have them delivered for pickup from any of the libraries; e.g., the one nearest to my home. It's really a great system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back