Free AD 2210S and MAT04FS
May 3, 2008 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AndrewFischer

500+ Head-Fier
I've got one MAT04FS and two SSM2210S. Yes those are in SOIC packages. Date codes are 0104 and 0331 so I've had these for awhile. I think I bought them directly from AD along with a few MAT02's.

These are free to the first person that replies to this thread, correctly identifies what these are and gives a brief outline of what they want to use the part for.

If you are outside of the US, you will need to pay postage.

May 4, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 9
Well, I find this interesting. It wasn't hard to find what there about, just googled the datasheets
tongue.gif

I'm guessing that there excellent specs are generally overkill for audio except perhaps around a Dac?.

Have you used some? What did you use them for? Is there a complementary version? Do they sound good! Will I have to wait for the awnsers until someone wins the prize?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

I'm guessing that there excellent specs are generally overkill for audio

Most of the projects here could be described as overkill.
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Will I have to wait for the awnsers until someone wins the prize?
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup.

I'm surprised I don't have a winner.

It isn't that hard to look up what they are. As for the rest, I'm only looking for one or two sentences. It doesn't have to be a headphone amplifier.

Postage to the UK would be about $5-$10. I'd have to get them in a padded envelope and weigh them to get the exact amount.

May 5, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 9
Ok, bearing in mind that I'm just a dabbler and don't properly understand this stuff:

Max power capability of the MAT04 looks to be about 1.2W, the 2210S about 0.8W, so using them as a 100W/channel output stage is probably out.

The possibility that comes to mind is a headphone amp using the MAT04 to provide the two sets of differential inputs for a 'discreet' dual opamp amp, as per Harry Lythall's site: OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIER BASICS by Harry Lythall . The 2210S's could then be the output stages, or perhaps better the current sources (mirrors?) biasing the input pairs and hopefully raising input impedance(?). This could then be used to buffer a monolithic opamp frontend!

Two problems, 1) no matching ground channel as would suit an amp of this class.
2) I'm not sure that I'm the one to do this. If I ever got around to it I probably wouldn't be able to assess the sq result anyway.

I'm just trying to keep the thread alive and encourage discussion from which I might learn something.

May 5, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 9
Keep going. You are heading in the right direction.

580smile.gif
Edit: What happened to the 580 smile? Did someone decide the Senn 580's are no longer worthy?

May 5, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #6 of 9
I have no use for them but I can see the attraction. Tightly matched transistors in a single package. I could see them used either as a unity gain buffer or a current mirror VAS stage, interesting to see where this goes..dB

May 6, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #8 of 9
These could be used for differentail input stage, MAT for stereo and SSM for mono. One could use it for current mirror. They can be replacement for 2SK389 if you take into account, that gate/base current is not zero for BJT-s ( SSM, MAT).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back