Franz Ferdinand - New CD!
Oct 5, 2005 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

deadlierchair

100+ Head-Fier
So, I just did my first listen-through. I must say I enjoyed the entire thing. A few of the first songs were probably my favorites but overall a good experience. I'm gonna have to listen to it again before I make more specific comments, but anyone else feel like sharing?

Oct 5, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #2 of 11
Impression:

Catchy and very groovy...
biggrin.gif

But lyrics are kinda shallow...

Oct 6, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #3 of 11
Yep, it is a very catchy album. IMO, it could use a little more variety. The singing overpowers many of the songs. There is not bad musicianship here, but too often it is mixed down.

That is a big nit pick though. For what it is, "You Could Have it So Much Better" is pretty good.

Oct 7, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
I will get my copy at Best Buy today for $9.99........simply because I liked debut so much, will report more soon. I have reward zone coupons
k1000smile.gif

Surprisingly for being an old timer, I also very much enjoyed the debut album. Franz Ferdinand's follow up album is quite good and more consistent than its predecessor. Its one of the best albums in the October flood of new releases.

Best,
iDesign

Oct 7, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 11
Good, but I'm not overly impressed when I compare it to their freshman disc. That was an amazing album, this is just good. None of the tracks really stand out aside from "Do You Want To"...

Oct 8, 2005 at 11:49 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by so_cal_forever
Good, but I'm not overly impressed when I compare it to their freshman disc. That was an amazing album, this is just good. None of the tracks really stand out aside from "Do You Want To"...

This also sums up how I feel about the album......first few tracks are best.

The album title "You Could Have it So Much Better" also strangely enough sums up new album.
tongue.gif

Oct 8, 2005 at 1:02 PM Post #8 of 11
It is unfortunate, but I agree with his darkness. I wanted to like it, but meh, it is average at best.

In fact, it has been in my collection less than a week and may never get played again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
This also sums up how I feel about the album......first few tracks are best.

Oct 8, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
But lyrics are kinda shallow...

1. I agree with you.
2. I like it.
3. "I'll have a slice of your mother" is the best lyric ever.

Now, back to the dance party...

Oct 10, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #11 of 11
it's catchy stuff, that's certain.
biggrin.gif

in other words, they're still keeping to their stated aim of...

Quote:

making music for girls to dance to

god bless them in that endeavour.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back