Frankenstien iMod with BIG Balls - V-Caps Franken ShuttlePod is HERE!!!
Sep 4, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #106 of 145
I dont know if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the OIMP V-caps are really HUGE!! The TFTF seems to be significantly smaller(and SIGNIFICANTLY MORE EXPENSIVE
biggrin.gif
)

Using TFTF might be better considering the size of the reference......
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #107 of 145
yeah, good luck getting that on board an airplane

nice project though.

Sep 5, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #109 of 145
LOL, while waiting for my V-Caps order to arrive, I decided to build a simpler dock for "Ultra Portable" use. It proved to be not so easy to lug around those Franken Nuts after all with the added weight and size, so for light travelling, I will use this:

MiniNutsRig.jpg

MiniNuts02.jpg

MiniNuts01.jpg

Made using Rubycon Black Gate N Series 10 uF.

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #110 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, while waiting for my V-Caps order to arrive, I decided to build a simpler dock for "Ultra Portable" use. It proved to be not so easy to lug around those Franken Nuts after all with the added weight and size, so for light travelling, I will use this...

Can't take credit for the idea, but why not recase the super micro in a bigger box along with the vcaps? It would protect them and cut a bit down on the bulk.

PS you do really nice work!

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #111 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't take credit for the idea, but why not recase the super micro in a bigger box along with the vcaps? It would protect them and cut a bit down on the bulk.

x2

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #112 of 145
Quote:

Hey, I did played with the idea. In fact I am considering a Hammond case much similar to the ones used for Go-Vibe V5 where I should be able to fit in the SuperMicro-IV with ample room for caps. But the problem is that Hammond case is 1 or 2 mm short on depth so I have to look for deeper ones.

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #113 of 145
EFN, that's just plain crazy! It really does resemble Frankenstien with 2 bolts sticking out of the neck. Nice work as usual. The amp/cap combination really does sound like a great idea.

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #114 of 145
Quote:

Hey, I did played with the idea. In fact I am considering a Hammond case much similar to the ones used for Go-Vibe V5 where I should be able to fit in the SuperMicro-IV with ample room for caps. But the problem is that Hammond case is 1 or 2 mm short on depth so I have to look for deeper ones.

I would be lying if I said I was surprised with that--you seem to be one step ahead of the curve. Keep up the good work!

Sep 6, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #115 of 145
Quote:

yeap! that will be a great idea
evil_smiley.gif

EFN BRO..i want try your rig!!
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #118 of 145
What did you do? Just took a normal iPod and added caps to the lineout? Or is it a iModded iPod(thought that iMod didn't give sound trough the lineout)

But sure looks nice.

Sep 7, 2007 at 8:11 AM Post #119 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by exphy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you do? Just took a normal iPod and added caps to the lineout? Or is it a iModded iPod(thought that iMod didn't give sound trough the lineout)

But sure looks nice.

Yep it's an iMod for sure else it would be pointless to roll the caps. And FYI in case you don't know it yet. iMod now comes in 4G (Headout) and 5G/5.5G (Lineout).

Sep 7, 2007 at 9:29 AM Post #120 of 145
Quote:

The goodies has arrived!!!!
icon10.gif

Will be busy doing some "cooking" tonite
evil_smiley.gif

Hey, you know you won't need two of those!
wink.gif

BTW: I have found some interesting looking cases here.
Sorry, German language only, but I'm sure you'll find a suitable size. Made of alloy, prices start at approx. $16 for the smaller ones. Check it out and PM me, if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back