FR Graph for JVC RX700?
Apr 29, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 11
Apr 30, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 11
My 700's have treated me quite well. A couple of simple mods and they flat out rock. Granted I used my JVC DX3's more often because of comfort and soundstage, the 700's went louder, had more bass and punch, and were easier to drive. I just got into some Denon D2000's and I love them, they have comfort, punch, bass, but the 700's still impress the living hell outta me. For $33 to my ears they compete quite well in music, movies and games when compared tot he $100 DX3's and $200+ D2000's. It was a great start for me...and I can't justify to get rid of em'. So I'll probably mod them further and see what happens. I love the D2000's...if the RX700's could have the D2000's comfort and better mid, highs and slightly better soundstage I'd never had needed to upgrade in the first place.

I will say I've never tried the 900's...but would be curious to see the FG for the 700's. I imagine it'll be similar to the 900's though.

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the D2000's...if the RX700's could have the D2000's comfort and better mid, highs and slightly better soundstage I'd never had needed to upgrade in the first place.

I went the other way... I upgraded to the RX700 from the D2000s, in direct comparison the the RX700 is like a better controlled Denon. I think if the JVCs were priced $200 plus we'd see a lot more 'audiophile-attention' here at head-fi, as it is they're in the cheapo category and the majority just turn up their nose.

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went the other way... I upgraded to the RX700 from the D2000s, in direct comparison the the RX700 is like a better controlled Denon. I think if the JVCs were priced $200 plus we'd see a lot more 'audiophile-attention' here at head-fi, as it is they're in the cheapo category and the majority just turn up their nose.

I kind of have to agree. After just a cursory listen with the RX700's I think I might like the RX700's better. Though, if I had to pick on sound alone, it would probably be the AD700's, just because of the soundstage.

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't say I agree, but sources can make a difference too. Through my Auzen Forte, the Denon set sounds smoother, the 700's are more in your face though. Overall the 700's are the more fun set, but the 2000's win on deeper bass and having a deeper punch along with massive amounts of improvements in the comfort zone for long term use. The 700's are ok with mods...and don't get me wrong I used the 700's for a while and started with them...but by no means do I view them as an upgrade to the 2000's by any means...the 2000's spoil where the 700's give you the basics. And that's how it should be in the price-ranges they're at for damn sure. For gaming both work well...but the 2000's show a superiority in sound stage and in FPS shooters it pays dividends to have comfort and better positioning and spacing, granted is it worth $170+ to most? I'd think not...but I wanted something that was a true upgrade to the 700's and imo the 2000's are it...at least to my ears, and at the end of the day that's all that matters to me.

beerchug.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by n-ster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard many people prefer the RX 700 to the RX 900

Some say the 700's are suited more for music and the 900's for gaming. There are some good mods you can make to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back