FPS setup -- AD700x vs A700x
Jun 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lundmore

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've currently got an average corsair 1300 headset plugged into a X-FI titanium fatal1ty professional series and it sounds terrible.. I get strange feedback/reverb and all sorts of issues.

I've been lurking around here and found my way to the AD700x and the A700x. Now I know the AD700x is better because of it's open design but I don't always play in a quite environment.
I haven't been able to find a direct comparison for these two headphones (probably because one is open and one is closed). So my question is would the A700x be better then the AD700x in this case? How much worse are the A700x to the AD700x in terms of competitive FPS gameplay?

Thanks,

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hey guys, I've currently got an average corsair 1300 headset plugged into a X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty professional series and it sounds terrible.. I get strange feedback/reverb and all sorts of issues.
I've been lurking around here and found my way to the AD700X and the A700X. Now I know the AD700X is better because of it's open design but I don't always play in a quite environment.
I haven't been able to find a direct comparison for these two headphones (probably because one is open and one is closed). So my question is would the A700X be better then the AD700X in this case? How much worse are the A700X to the AD700X in terms of competitive FPS gameplay?

Hopefully you disabled the mother board's on-board audio? in the BIOS, when you installed the Titanium card.
You might(?) improve headphone audio quality, swapping the Titanium for a Sound Blaster Z.

I would assume(?) the A700X does fairly good for FPS, for a closed headphone.
But you might want to ask on these threads.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-4-17-2014-akg-k612-and-k712-pro-added-edits
http://www.head-fi.org/t/593050/the-nameless-guide-to-pc-gaming-audio-with-binaural-headphone-surround-sound

Jul 1, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes, that's disabled. I read that somewhere in another forum, but how does that change the sound out at the soundcard? I never quite understood.

I've tweaked the settings a little and got it sounding more accurate. But still searching for more, i'll probably put something on the MLE Post.

Thanks a lot!

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #4 of 4
A700x is closed back so it will not have as good of a hacker level, pinpoint audio positioning that the AD700x's have but it will still be decent.

As far a sound signature the Highs are more sparkly on the ad700x's and the lows are considered by Bass heads as to be non existent.

For the A700's there is more low end just not as good of a mid and high and soundstage v AD700x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back