FPS gamer needing help
Nov 27, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #16 of 21
  I'm from Denmark where everything is overpriced hehe.

So I wouldn't be able to run the K702's with just a sound card? If not then I'll probably just go with the AD700X and the sound blaster sound card, since they're just easier to drive and only cost 25 dollars more.

Seems like AD700X is the better choice for pure competitive FPS gaming too.

Denmark....
Does that mean you spend your days playing with Lego's and listening to Aqua?

The SB-Z card can decently drive the 62-Ohm AKG 700 series headphones.

Might save some money and maybe find a good deal on the older ATH-AD700?

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #17 of 21
Yeah that's all we do here in Denmark, playing with LEGO's is always fun haha.

It's hard to buy used stuff in Denmark, not many websites for that purpose. So I can really only buy them as new. So I think I'll go with sound blaster Z and ad 700x. The microphone from the sound card is mounted on the monitor though, and I got brothers sitting next to me playing computer and they're pretty loud sometimes. Would that microphone pick up every sound from the room? Because I need the microphone to speak with my friends on skype.

Thanks for the help so far! 

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #18 of 21
  Yeah that's all we do here in Denmark, playing with LEGO's is always fun haha.

It's hard to buy used stuff in Denmark, not many websites for that purpose. So I can really only buy them as new. So I think I'll go with sound blaster Z and ad 700x. The microphone from the sound card is mounted on the monitor though, and I got brothers sitting next to me playing computer and they're pretty loud sometimes. Would that microphone pick up every sound from the room? Because I need the microphone to speak with my friends on skype.

Thanks for the help so far! 

Not sure how to answer on the microphone issue.

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #19 of 21
I just got the ad700x headphones and I really love the sound, I can definitely hear footsteps much more clear. But my ears touch the "speakers?" which makes them pretty uncomfortable. Also I got long curly hair and my hair gets stuck in the "wing" design, so everytime I try to take them off they're stuck in my hair... And I don't want a haircut.

So I wanna know if you can recommend any headphones as close to the ad700x as possible sound-wise. But with a headband or something like that.

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #20 of 21
  I just got the ad700x headphones and I really love the sound, I can definitely hear footsteps much more clear. But my ears touch the "speakers?" which makes them pretty uncomfortable. Also I got long curly hair and my hair gets stuck in the "wing" design, so every time I try to take them off they're stuck in my hair... And I don't want a haircut.

So I wanna know if you can recommend any headphones as close to the ad700x as possible sound-wise. But with a headband or something like that.

How about getting a hair net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back