FPGA Digital Streaming Player, SOUNDAWARE A200S
Nov 8, 2014 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Based on the latest flagship 2014 D100 PRO Deluxe digital sound output quality, and combined with third generation customized power supply system, together with the new top materials carefully designed decoder. A200S as a sound source, with top amp system constitutes a perfect headphone system; also can form excellent results with the hi-end speaker system with hard disk, network music systems, fully satisfy the most discerning audiophiles and music connoisseur.

In the process of research and development, in pursuit of analog feeling and hi-end sound quality, starting from 2013 D100 PRO, for more than a year, the company had been looking for hi-end audio material, requires both HI-FI and analog feel quality. Originally designers use some collection level of the materials, carefully adjusted and D100 PRO integration with exciting results
 , after more than six months has been looking for global suppliers, to recreate the unique analog feel and hi-end sound quality. Until 2014 ShangHai Hi-END Audio Show a week before the show, to get all desired materials: of the same type as the audionote transformer, specially alloyed deep-cooled power block, using cryogenic technology customized power supply and fuse. All voltage reference of low noise (<50uv) voltage regulator chips, dip top materials. With a sophisticated design, which determines the A200S have unique analog sound feeling and quality, transparent and extremely fresh as well as zerun. 2014 SIAV audio show, over more than 1000 fans saw the performance between A200S prototype playing music copied from the CD and Linn udisk playing the CD directly, A200s has better sound feeling.

HI-FI quality A200S remains a top priority. Although audio show that for most players, the prototype, HI-FI quality is same as linn udisk, and analog output is already better than A200 XLR-level. However, in contrast to some of the hi-end DAC still exposed the shortcomings on the HI-FI quality. Audio exhibition last day A200S prototype compares with 2014 D100 PRO Deluxe + hi-end AES line +Weiss DAC1 MKII, in sound isolation, detail, 3D space obviously still feel gaps. Although A200S is released in the exhibition, SOUNDAWARE don’t continue to for production and immediately scheduled. But again design DAC Board, reference Prism sound DA2 and Weiss DAC2MKII compared adjustment, by original of Division components of senior power system all replaced into reference instrument level of low noise (<50uv) big current of linear power chip, increased a level buffer output, power output upgrade to 6V RMS, while perfect engineering prototype of shock absorbers, power noise and shock issues. A200S in HI-FI quality keeps the same level as reference professional DAC and the unique sound feel can be reserved.

Product specifications:

1 .Supported formats (V2.5.6 firmware):

1.) remote control     The following format only supports stereo music and bits 16~32bit (32bit supports only integer)
PCM (Stereo)/DSD
FLAC:32khz~192khz all compression l evels.
APE:32khz~48khz Extra High compression levels.
WAV: 32khz~192khz 
AAC:44.1khz common compression
ALAC:44.1khz
Mp3:44.1khz common compression
AIFF:44.1khz common compression
DSD (DSD64, non-DST compression, only digital output)
DSF,DFF,SACD ISO
Other: CUE

2), DLNA/UPNP (phone, Tablet, computer player, local push)
Media Server is not SOUNDAWARE situations, all 192khz DSD/PCM stereo music, including DST compression ISO,DFF,DSF will be supported (DSD is DSD to PCM via foobar or jriver).
Meida Server is SOUNDAWARE, supports format identical to the infrared remote control playback directly.
It supports all style of music format: After the firmware 2.3.9, it supports such as APE,CUE,FLAC,WAV,M4A,AAC,MP3,ISO,DFF,DSF.

2. supported languages:

Support Chinese Simplified, traditional Chinese and English player languages, supports the display font in 14 languages: Chinese Simplified, Chinese traditional, Japanese, Korean, French, English, Russian, German, Portugal, and Spain, and Italy language, Hindi, Arabic, Greece language.

3 .Input interface:
SD*1: support for class2,Class4,class10 and other common types of SD cards: the maximum 128GB, supports FAT32 and NTFS format (eXFAT will not supported).
USB*2 (500mA*2 power supply): supports USB1.0,USB1.1,USB2.0, USB3.0, support up to 4TB hard drives, maximum support 2TB partitions.
Network: 100Mbps , NAS support networks (Samba), supports the UPNP/DLNA V1.5.
Power supply: 230V or 115V (See the box mark), 50~60HZ.

4 .Output interface:
1). digital output:
RCA coaxial: 0.5V p-p support 16~24bit,44.1khz~192khz PCM output support DSD64 DOP1.0 output.
Optical output: supports 16~24bit,44.1khz~96khz PCM output.
2). analog outputs:
RCA *2: 2.5V RMS 

XLR*2 : 6V RMS 

5. measures:
1). machine playback test (XLR24bit/44.1Khz, digital music files through SD card, pure DA test 96khz or better)
Dynamic ratio: 112db
Crosstalk: <=-130db (1khz)

End of noise: <=-130dbr (20~20khz)
THD+N:0.001% (1khz with Prism sound8xr D/A under the conditions tested was 0.0007%).
2) Phase noise clock background (22.5792MHZ, 24.576MHZ):

10Hz <-105dbc/Hz (real -110dbc/Hz)
1Khz <-145dbc/Hz (real -152dbc/Hz)
100Khz < -155dbc/Hz (real -157dbc/Hz)

6. Other specifications:
Power consumption: <50W (without USB hard drive), stand <=5W (not including USB hard drives)
Machine size: 240*103*305mm (width * height * depth)
Weight (with packaging): ~6kg

7. Accessories:

Remote control *1
Cable *1
16G SD card *1 
Power cord *1 (European or China standard)
Manual *1
Warranty card *1

SUBMIT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soundaware Audio Co.,Ltd.
Room 4-409, Mingfa Commercial Plaza, No.99 Yulan Road,Nanjing City, JiangsuProvince, P.R.C.

Service Hour
Mon - Sat: 9:00 am to 12:00 and 13:00 to 18:00
Close on Sunday and Public holidays

Tel: +86(0)25-52894989
WeChat: 157072420
E-mail:market@soundaware.net
Soundaware Audio Websites 
Soundaware Introduction Thread on this forum 

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Nov 25, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 11
Here are several test evaluation on SOUNDAWARE A200S for your reference, hope it will be helpful to you all.

C:\Users\SOUNDA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ksohtml\wps6176.tmp.png

HIFI168 E Version commented on A200S:
After a period of auditioning A200S, I would like to prove it is the flagship product of SOUNDAWARE. Fantastic analytics and details which possesses solid, marvelous and elegant sound. No matter classical or pop, the music can be expressed smoothly and emotionally. Compared to R8, when playing the high and plain format of WAV, SOUNDAWARE and R8 are neck and neck, the only delight difference is style. R8 is like the weather in spring, the wind is mild and the sun is bright. A200S is like the autumn, air is fresh and sky is almost cloudless. No denying the A200S is the most competitive model in the same level price.

Shanghai veteran audiophile said :"I would like to share with you all some of my thoughts on A200S:
At beginning, A200S as an all-in-one machine has advantages below
1. The equipment is simple to the extreme which only need a combined amplifier and a pair of bookshelves to enjoy and appreciate it. It is the best choice for the junior audiophiles or someone who do not want to brood over on the early preparations.
2. Sound field is so wide which possess the capacity of playing all style of music and strong adaptability.
3. The tuning of simulation part is the unique secret of SOUNDAWARE and it is a great enjoyment to your ears.
4. Only need a pair of equilibrium lines and a pair of speaker wire/cable to save costs to spend on amplifier or speaker and indoor links of maximum signal to perform the most effectively.
5. The tone sounds warm and neutral which is best for the female vocal, string music and folk music, and also for the harmony."

Dr.Wang, major in microelectronics, highly praise of A200S fantastic vocal appeal and flexible bass. Unlike the offensive power of Weiss and high density of 8xr. Three stage balance makes it listenable which edges are not like Weiss that sharp, it slightly lack of strength but elegant. The decoding rate neither fast nor slow but possesses the taste of tube amplifier, HF is a little bit dull and LF sustains a bit which is flexible and natural. It sounds like a little bit quiet and makes you at ease. Really fantastic sound, I decide to own it.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Dec 4, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 11
This is an excerpt from a professional audio's review :

The SD card stored some music which was came with the machine, I found the Stereo test record catalogue did not have names for each song, I played the track 2 at will. My QUAD Elite proceeding stage is the same electric level as the CD player I normally use. I was astonished when I heard the bass. I never thought the machine could perform that fantastic. The density was as if it was played by the LP. It sounds so realistic with much more information than CDs. Songs from the album Stereo test record are all the modes of 44.1khz16bit. Such emotion and infection easily outdid my QUAD Elite CDs. To tell the truth, QUAD Elite CDs itself belongs to a strong modeling texture machine. Besides, HIFI is inferior to some high level machines, but it could see the shadow of LP when it depicts the music. I made snap-to-path of Erick Friedman Violin Showpieces by iTunes and contrasted immediately, A200S was a revolutionary change and update which was completely different from the last time. The answer was simple, the A200S was fantastic and the piano of Erick Friedman really touched and moved which was really harmonic and coordinated between the band and the overall sound. All these actually intrigue you to turn up the volume because of delightful and enjoyable. But my loudspeaker was moving the to limit. When I change it to QUAD Elite CDs, the details of the sound field blurred instantly, just like a light mist veiled. It certainly the consequence of comparing with A200S and A200S won the outright victory. A200S has a much more higher sound fidelity which made us one step closer towards reality.I texted Brother Yin to make appointment of auditioning. I thought even if the A200S lost to the SONY SCD1, it would not lose badly, because instead of merely a machine, it possessed the vital forces. Brother Yin’s system was reference valued and meaningful. The auditioned his SONY SCD-1 first and then A200S, all songs were all sound track snap-to-path, we only compared CD specifications. Specification is just a platform, but the machine itself is no good, everything will be in vain. Brother Yin took seven different track lists, they are Anne-Sophie Mutter、Erick Friedman、Fritz Wunderlich、Herbert von Karajan、Itzhak Perlman、Niccolò Paganini StanislavBunin. One round later, he was very sure about the machine, we confirmed that there is a world of difference between the two machines. Although a little bit lagged behind the SONY in musicality and fluency, they were at the same level. The vigorous infection of A200S really impressed and relieved me. Half of one year’s summery that all things are no in vain.

The contrast with SONY SCD1,they were close to each other. The only regret was not the machine itself. The smaller the machine, the lower the sound? SONY is a little bigger in size, does it mean the volume will louders? I should write down the episode hereof. Brother yin observed me depressing, he came to the door and took a shoebox to me. When we opened the box, it was full of best accessories, as if everything we need. We found a modified HIFITuning fuse at the corner which looked so horrible. Try it or not? As I left I took the fuse with me. Because it’s my handwork and not for sale, you can borrow it but not for sale. The fuse made A200S and SONY sounds like neck and neck. It was obvious that it is no hard to get the answer without considerations.I took the machine walked from Shenzhen Road to Big Thumb Square proudly. It is really a great fortune for me. A SONY SCD-1 can worth two A200S. All I need to do is asking Brother Yin to modify a fuse.Yin’system. When I changed it to the original fuse, sounded just right. The modified fuse concealed slightly the machine’s true color. Tian Fengjie just happened to have a appointment to Brother Yin to take the Burmester 061CD to audition. By the way gave the fuse to Yin when we met. I also met Kangqiang that day.Still the same room and system. This time we used the A200S to audition first. The first Album was Diabolus In Musica, the recording of the album was strange, the piano sounded backwards. Then compared three editions of Zigeunerweisen, they were Eric Friedman, Anne Sophie Mutter and Gil Shaham of Wieniawski violin concerto the last songs. The piano of Shaham sounded too floating. Mutter was affectionate richly, but lack of strength a bit. The Mutter was unable to play the impressed notes. The Zigeunerweisen of Erick Friedman deserved the best which was rich in affection and techniques. If the loudspeaker performed well, Friedman could use the sound of piano to touch your soul, just wander with it together. Kang said: “there is a world of difference of last time”.Then we changed back the WENHAO signature CD player, played songs in sequence. I realized that the performance was the same with the time played in Mr Yin’s home. The fuse of A200S original was really smaller in big system. For example, the song barcarolla from Zhao Peng with postproduction which the structure complex symphony. In big system, A200S was a little lagged behind. Mr Kang linked the A200s with DIY power cord, and WENHAO with NBS… I should say the gap is getting smaller gradually between A200S and high-tech CD player. The tiny gap is based on the fuse. The same point is that the SOUNDAWARE and high level CD player share the common ground in vital force and performance. From another point of view, the digital stream media act as the secondary player of the main system, there is no conflict at all. It will be less costly to obtain the music than CD.

To view the full review, please visit our website : http://www.soundaware.net/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=14&id=19

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 11
On the Shanghai HI-END show, matched with CD-One, A200S appeal many muisic connoisseurs' attention.
deadhorse.gif

[size=12.9999990463257px][/size]

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 11
 As one of Soundaware's flagship music player, A200S joined in the HiFi headphone & Digital Audio Fai in Guangzhou. Many guys came to the spot, trying headhones, listening to players, sharing the experience together.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 11
In 2015 Guang Zhou AV Fair. 

One of our enthusiastic users, he said he admires our engineer for a long time,request us to take a photo with our engineer. 
Very lovely, is he?
tongue.gif

Some people are listening to A200s.

Many people, including local olds, were very fascinated with HIFI Gear.
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #9 of 11
In KAOHSIUNG HI-END AUDIO SHOW, A200S acted as the sound source in below system.

The system consists of Germant TIDAL piano G2 boxes, New Zealand PERREAUX 250i 4 ohm 500w power amplifier. Japan ACOUSTIC REVIVE full series tuning devices are also taken out. TELOS AUDIO DESIGN
Grounding Noise Reducer, shock-absorber Stilpoints put under A200S. 

May 26, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #11 of 11
As one of the world biggest HIGH END fairs, 2016 Munich HIGH END show was held in MOC exhibition on May 5th - 8th, appealing many audio manufactures and distributors from all around the globe. What lucky, SOUNDAWARE A200S-femto also came to the show together with JIB company.

A200S in front of the exhibition.

Based on flagship A200S, femto version is upgraded on clock and FPGA, with optimized power system, developing better musical and HIFI performance. Matched with home system, many people said the sound effect is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back