Fourte Noir High is too fatiguing
Sep 8, 2020 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

technika2

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to sell my Fourte Noir by 64 Audio, and I figure this is the best place to do so.
Purchased back in June, I used it to compare with my 18T, and decided I want to sell it.
Asking for 3000$ USD, ships from Chicago.

UPDATE
Alright, originally I wanted to sell this one because the high is just a bit too much. But by looking at others on this forum, I was wondering if there is a way to tamp the high a bit so it is not too aggressive, really appraite all the help.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 2
I'm trying to sell my Fourte Noir by 64 Audio, and I figure this is the best place to do so.
Purchased back in June, I used it to compare with my 18T, and decided I want to sell it.
Asking for 3000$ USD, ships from Chicago.

UPDATE
Alright, originally I wanted to sell this one because the high is just a bit too much. But by looking at others on this forum, I was wondering if there is a way to tamp the high a bit so it is not too aggressive, really appraite all the help.

I haven't tried this set before, but u can consider a few options if u find treble too harsh:

1) EQ
2) Foam tips - generally lessen treble for me
3) Narrow bore silicone tips - tend to boost bass compared to wider bore tips, so the ear percieves the frequency spectrum to be not so bright
4) Micropore mod - cover about 90% of the nozzle with a 3M micropore, this lessens upper mids. If u wanna lessen treble (higher up), u can try stuffing foam into the nozzle
5) Play music at lower volumes (Fletcher Munson curve) - the ear percieves the music to be more V shaped (ie more bass/treble) at louder volumes; at softer volumes, it perceives it as more U shaped.
6) Pair a warm source with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back