Fountain Pen-Fi?
Sep 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ZetsuBozu0012

100+ Head-Fier
I've been interested in fountain pens ever since I played with (and sadly, eventually broke) my grandpa's Sheaffer Imperial II when I was around 7 or 8 years old. 

Lately, I've been eyeing Sheaffer and Waterman (possibly even Parker and Rotring) for an affordable yet easy-to-write-with fountain pen. I'm newer to this than I am to hi-fi, so it's safe to say that my knowledge of what makes a good fountain pen "good" is mostly nonexistent. I'm probably going to be using it mostly for writing poetry/fiction, or just practicing my calligraphy.

I'll maybe have a budget of around 150 US dollars (not very much, I know), so would anyone care to recommend pens with good price-to-performance ratio? Thanks!

P.S.
I just noticed that hunting for fountain pens is a lot like looking for a new component for my headphone rig. Weird, huh?

P.P.S.
I'm aware that there's also an online forum for fountain pens (Fountain Pen Network, I think it was called?), but I'm more comfortable here on Head-Fi, and I'm curious as to whether anyone else here is into vintage pens :))

Cheers!

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Sorry, wrong thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back