Founder of Krell recommends IEMs to me!
Mar 19, 2008 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

illkemist

100+ Head-Fier
So I participated in an iPod contest this weekend. It was hosted by Audio Visions South, in the Tampa area. The special guest judge was Dan D'Agostino, the Founder of Krell Industries. He was using the new Krell docking station to award prizes based on musical content and quality. Unfortunately, my combination (Sharon Jones, Yonderboi, Christian Prommer's Drum Lesson, Explosions in the Sky) did not win.

However, after my demo was over, I started talking to Dan (without knowing who he was) and he asks me about how I selected some of the music. I told him that I listened to most of it on my HD650s. He nearly went out of his way to recommend the UE customs to me. He didn't specify which ones (10s or 11s), but he seemed to stop speaking after he gave me the recommendation, as if to imply some emphatic "period". I thought it was funny at the time that he wanted to tell me this. And of course, since then, I've been looking into new IEMs.

I've been experimenting with several different models for the last year and a half. I started with the Sony 71s, then switched to the Shure E4cs. Next, I purchased the Westone UM2s and my latest pair is the Shure 530s. Each time, I find myself getting closer to the sound of my HD650s, which I adore. Of course, now I am tempted to try the UEs. And it seems like the UE11s might be the way to go for a Sennheiser fan.

I think I'm about to become a bit poorer.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back