Found this Modest mOuse at Wal-Mart
Jan 27, 2002 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ai0tron

Banned
Yeah I got 2 of these cd's completely and utterly on a whim. I didn't even know what the hell this band was. And they really, really kick ass. I am recommending them VERY highly to anyone interested in what sounds to me like damn good music. I would compare them tentatively to radiohead but for me they are much better than radiohead. Anyhow the band is Modest Mouse and you can get it wal-mart.

Jan 27, 2002 at 1:18 PM Post #2 of 9
I have only heard a song or two, but thought they were pretty good. They did not strike me much like radiohead though...perhaps just the songs I listened to...I will need to check them out more. My best friend swears by them, they are one of his favorite bands. He has seen them live a few times as well, and said they were fantastic. I am surprised you can get them at wal-mart though....

Jan 27, 2002 at 1:21 PM Post #3 of 9
I just got "The Moon & Antarctica" and I like it very much too. Apparently they are one of the hottest indie-bands around. But to me this is much more than just indie-rock, definately up there with Radiohead and stuff. Also, it's real headphone candy. One of my fav CD's from the last few years!

Jan 28, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 9
Well in keeping with this theme of random experimentation i picked up this crazy ass band from Japan called 'pizzicato five' at the local best buy. I have to say I was both frightened and pleasantly surprised by the cd and i went ahead and jumped on cdnow to pick up a couple older releases. I wouldn't recommend it quite as whole heartedly as modest mouse simply because it is kind of strange but still recommended for those of you who are looking for something you never heard before.

Also my friend heard modest mouse and said i would like the Beta band so i got one of their releases as well and it kicked ass too. So I'm on a roll here I think, next time I go to best buy im going to close my eyes and grab something completely at random just to see what happens...

Yeah so I heartily recommend Modest Mouse and beta Band, tentatively recommend pizzicato five.

Jan 28, 2002 at 8:16 AM Post #5 of 9
I just found out that there are TWO pizzicatos fives. Apparently there is a japanese group and a group from austin texas. The pizzicato five I purchased is the japanese group. Just for your info if anyone wants to check it out.

Jan 28, 2002 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 9
You're kidding, Best Buy has Pizzicato Five? I've heard some samples, sounded pretty cool if off-beat. I was going to buy from CD Japan, but heck, if Best Buy has them...

Jan 29, 2002 at 1:46 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
I just found out that there are TWO pizzicatos fives. Apparently there is a japanese group and a group from austin texas. The pizzicato five I purchased is the japanese group. Just for your info if anyone wants to check it out.

They are pretty well known here (seen them in TV etc.), but I don't remember the music... perhaps I should check it out..

I checking out some modest mouse stuff right now... it's pretty good actually
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 6:26 AM Post #8 of 9
modest mouse is my favorite band, i own everything that can be owned by them. the lonesome crowded west is probably my favorite, but you can't go wrong with anything by isaac brock. all hail white trash rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back